"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Wayne A. Hovey, age 84, of Harmony, Minnesota died Friday morning, April 12, 2013 at his home in Harmony.
Wayne was born May 5, 1928 on the family farm in York Township, Fillmore County Minnesota to Knute and Martha (Lietz) Hovey. On June 14, 1952 he married Marilyn Thoreson at Ostrander Lutheran Church, Ostrander, Minn. Wayne grew up on the same farm where he and Marilyn raised a family of their own. He worked the farm until September of 2009 when he and Marilyn moved to Harmony. One of Wayne’s greatest gifts was his work ethic which he passed on to each of his children. Wayne always loved his animals and had a special place in his heart for his dog, Friskie. Sunday dinner with “the kids,” grandkids, and great-grandsons brought a joyous smile to his face, lifting his spirits and brightening his day.
Wayne is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn Hovey of Harmony; five children, Kandace (Chris) Johnson of Harmony, Wayne G. (Sue) Hovey of Preston Minn., Kyle (Desiree) Hovey of Milton, WI, Rick (Karla) Hovey of Winona, MN and Lisa Eckhart of Minneapolis, Minn.; ten grandchildren; two great-grandsons; a special niece and nephew, and many other nieces and nephews. Wayne is preceded in death by his parents and all five of his siblings.
Funeral services were held Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony with Pastor Curt Schneider, Wayne’s granddaughter, Pastor Breanne Johnson and Rev. Jane Timmerman officiating. Interment followed at Greenfield Cemetery, Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, assisted the family.