"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Wayne A. Hovey, age 84, of Harmony, Minnesota died Friday morning, April 12, 2013 at his home in Harmony.
Wayne was born May 5, 1928 on the family farm in York Township, Fillmore County Minnesota to Knute and Martha (Lietz) Hovey. On June 14, 1952 he married Marilyn Thoreson at Ostrander Lutheran Church, Ostrander, Minn. Wayne grew up on the same farm where he and Marilyn raised a family of their own. He worked the farm until September of 2009 when he and Marilyn moved to Harmony. One of Wayne’s greatest gifts was his work ethic which he passed on to each of his children. Wayne always loved his animals and had a special place in his heart for his dog, Friskie. Sunday dinner with “the kids,” grandkids, and great-grandsons brought a joyous smile to his face, lifting his spirits and brightening his day.
Wayne is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn Hovey of Harmony; five children, Kandace (Chris) Johnson of Harmony, Wayne G. (Sue) Hovey of Preston Minn., Kyle (Desiree) Hovey of Milton, WI, Rick (Karla) Hovey of Winona, MN and Lisa Eckhart of Minneapolis, Minn.; ten grandchildren; two great-grandsons; a special niece and nephew, and many other nieces and nephews. Wayne is preceded in death by his parents and all five of his siblings.
Funeral services were held Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony with Pastor Curt Schneider, Wayne’s granddaughter, Pastor Breanne Johnson and Rev. Jane Timmerman officiating. Interment followed at Greenfield Cemetery, Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, assisted the family.