"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:17:49, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ sv85- Wassermann gets fired and where dies the little turd, oops I ... [Read More]
- 3:35:40, Jul 25th 2016 - SV85 - I don't know why I waste my time writing posts to right wingers who have only ... [Read More]
- 1:38:43, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ vikefan1 and the rest of you libs- this is too funny. if you want h ... [Read More]
- 1:29:16, Jul 25th 2016 - Oh man - @Stan, thanks for your perspective. I think most people are clueless as to h ... [Read More]
- 12:40:21, Jul 25th 2016 - former left winger - And now we find out the DNC did everything in their power to ge ... [Read More]
- 10:55:11, Jul 24th 2016 - oof dah - Here we go again in Peterson, don't they know any better! It looks like s ... [Read More]
- 9:14:30, Jul 23rd 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 This discussion was never about my bias, it was about yours, which ... [Read More]
- 1:23:08, Jul 23rd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - Hillary nearly committed or actually did commit treason. I've had ... [Read More]
- 9:45:34, Jul 22nd 2016 - left luvr - You seem to be missing the point of this discussion, you are not as unbia ... [Read More]
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Wayne A. Hovey, age 84, of Harmony, Minnesota died Friday morning, April 12, 2013 at his home in Harmony.
Wayne was born May 5, 1928 on the family farm in York Township, Fillmore County Minnesota to Knute and Martha (Lietz) Hovey. On June 14, 1952 he married Marilyn Thoreson at Ostrander Lutheran Church, Ostrander, Minn. Wayne grew up on the same farm where he and Marilyn raised a family of their own. He worked the farm until September of 2009 when he and Marilyn moved to Harmony. One of Wayne’s greatest gifts was his work ethic which he passed on to each of his children. Wayne always loved his animals and had a special place in his heart for his dog, Friskie. Sunday dinner with “the kids,” grandkids, and great-grandsons brought a joyous smile to his face, lifting his spirits and brightening his day.
Wayne is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn Hovey of Harmony; five children, Kandace (Chris) Johnson of Harmony, Wayne G. (Sue) Hovey of Preston Minn., Kyle (Desiree) Hovey of Milton, WI, Rick (Karla) Hovey of Winona, MN and Lisa Eckhart of Minneapolis, Minn.; ten grandchildren; two great-grandsons; a special niece and nephew, and many other nieces and nephews. Wayne is preceded in death by his parents and all five of his siblings.
Funeral services were held Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony with Pastor Curt Schneider, Wayne’s granddaughter, Pastor Breanne Johnson and Rev. Jane Timmerman officiating. Interment followed at Greenfield Cemetery, Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, assisted the family.