"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Wayne A. Hovey, age 84, of Harmony, Minnesota died Friday morning, April 12, 2013 at his home in Harmony.
Wayne was born May 5, 1928 on the family farm in York Township, Fillmore County Minnesota to Knute and Martha (Lietz) Hovey. On June 14, 1952 he married Marilyn Thoreson at Ostrander Lutheran Church, Ostrander, Minn. Wayne grew up on the same farm where he and Marilyn raised a family of their own. He worked the farm until September of 2009 when he and Marilyn moved to Harmony. One of Wayne’s greatest gifts was his work ethic which he passed on to each of his children. Wayne always loved his animals and had a special place in his heart for his dog, Friskie. Sunday dinner with “the kids,” grandkids, and great-grandsons brought a joyous smile to his face, lifting his spirits and brightening his day.
Wayne is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn Hovey of Harmony; five children, Kandace (Chris) Johnson of Harmony, Wayne G. (Sue) Hovey of Preston Minn., Kyle (Desiree) Hovey of Milton, WI, Rick (Karla) Hovey of Winona, MN and Lisa Eckhart of Minneapolis, Minn.; ten grandchildren; two great-grandsons; a special niece and nephew, and many other nieces and nephews. Wayne is preceded in death by his parents and all five of his siblings.
Funeral services were held Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony with Pastor Curt Schneider, Wayne’s granddaughter, Pastor Breanne Johnson and Rev. Jane Timmerman officiating. Interment followed at Greenfield Cemetery, Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, assisted the family.