"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
- 6:40:49, May 29th 2013 - Doc - You are a cartoon character! If I see you in person I will burst out laughing. ... [Read More]
Do you think the use of all fireworks should be legal in the state of Minnesota for all consumers?
Mon, Oct 15th, 2012
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Joel Willet Pfister of Deephaven, Minnesota, left quietly, and peacefully, the evening of October 10, surrounded by those he loved.. He is survived by his wife, Teresa; siblings, Jan (and Rich) Milne, Denny (and Shari) Pfister and Tricia (and Steve) Allen; assorted inlaws and cousins; 23 half nieces and nephews; and great nieces and nephews who brought him great joy. He was preceded in death by his parents, Lenard and Patricia Pfister; and his sister, Tracy Conlin. Joel was born 68 years ago in Preston, Minnesota, graduating from Preston High School. Following college at Winona State, Joel served in the Air Force for six years, after which he lived in Texas, working in the financial software field. He returned to Minnesota, switching gears entirely, and founded Source Engineering, LLC, a contract design and manufacturing firm. An entrepreneur, talented mechanical designer, and very creative man, Joel owned, or co-owned, 32 patents covering a variety of devices, designs and delights. Joel flew planes, sailed big boats and drove fast cars. He was a long time member of the Porsche Club of America, racing his yellow #21 with skill and daring on road courses all over the country. Joel’s family thanks Dr. Ronald Vessey and Dr. Burton Schwartz for the compassionate care given Joel. We are also eternally grateful to Joel’s Posse for their extraordinary care of him over the past 9 months; Aune, Nikki, Jamie, Jen, Liz, Amanda, Dawn, and Sue. If desired, in lieu of flowers the family suggests a donation to one of two of Joel’s favorite charities; Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities, or The Salvation Army. A party celebrating Joel’s life will be held from 6-9pm, Wednesday, October 24 at the BayView Event Center in Excelsior, MN. Please come to share your favorite stories.