"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Mon, Oct 15th, 2012
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Joel Willet Pfister of Deephaven, Minnesota, left quietly, and peacefully, the evening of October 10, surrounded by those he loved.. He is survived by his wife, Teresa; siblings, Jan (and Rich) Milne, Denny (and Shari) Pfister and Tricia (and Steve) Allen; assorted inlaws and cousins; 23 half nieces and nephews; and great nieces and nephews who brought him great joy. He was preceded in death by his parents, Lenard and Patricia Pfister; and his sister, Tracy Conlin. Joel was born 68 years ago in Preston, Minnesota, graduating from Preston High School. Following college at Winona State, Joel served in the Air Force for six years, after which he lived in Texas, working in the financial software field. He returned to Minnesota, switching gears entirely, and founded Source Engineering, LLC, a contract design and manufacturing firm. An entrepreneur, talented mechanical designer, and very creative man, Joel owned, or co-owned, 32 patents covering a variety of devices, designs and delights. Joel flew planes, sailed big boats and drove fast cars. He was a long time member of the Porsche Club of America, racing his yellow #21 with skill and daring on road courses all over the country. Joel’s family thanks Dr. Ronald Vessey and Dr. Burton Schwartz for the compassionate care given Joel. We are also eternally grateful to Joel’s Posse for their extraordinary care of him over the past 9 months; Aune, Nikki, Jamie, Jen, Liz, Amanda, Dawn, and Sue. If desired, in lieu of flowers the family suggests a donation to one of two of Joel’s favorite charities; Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities, or The Salvation Army. A party celebrating Joel’s life will be held from 6-9pm, Wednesday, October 24 at the BayView Event Center in Excelsior, MN. Please come to share your favorite stories.