"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Wed, Sep 19th, 2012
Posted in All Legals
Posted in All Legals
CITY OF PETERSON - COUNTY OF FILLMORE
STATE OF MINNESOTA
AN ORDINANCE ENACTING A CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE CITY OF PETERSON< MINNESOTA, AMENDING, RESTATING, REVISING, UPDATING, CODIFYING, AND COMPILING CERTAIN ORDINANCES OF THE CIT;Y DEALING WITH THE SUBJECTS EMBRACED IN THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, AND PROVIDING PENALITIES FOR THE VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES.
WHEREAS Minnesota Statutes 415.02 and 415.021 authorize the city to cause its ordinances to be codified and printed in a book.
NOW THEREFORE the City Council of Peterson, Minnesota, ordains:
Section 1. The general ordinances of the city as amended, restated revised, updated, codified, and compiled in book form, including penalties for the violations of various provisions thereof, are adopted and shall constitute the Code of Ordinances of the City of Peterson. This Code of Ordinances also adopts, by reference, certain statutes and administrative rules of the State of Minnesota as named in the Code of Ordinances.
Section 2. The Code of Ordinances as adopted in Section 1 shall consist of the following titles: Title 1 General Provisions, Title 1 General Provisions, Title 3 Administration, Title 5 Public Works, Title 7 Traffic Code, Title 9 General Regulations, Title 11 Business Regulations, and Title 13 General Offenses.
Section 3. All prior ordinances pertaining to subjects treated in the Code of Ordinances shall be deemed repealed from and after the effective date of this ordinance, except as they are included and re-ordained in whole or in part in the Code of Ordinances: provided this repeal shall not affect any offense committed or penalty incurred, or any right established prior to the effective date of this ordinance, nor shall this repeal affect the provisions of ordinances levying taxes; appropriating money; annexing or detaching territory; establishing franchises; granting special rights to certain persons; authorizing public improvements; authorizing the issuance of bonds or borrowing of money; authorizing the issuance of bonds or borrowing of money; authorizing the purchase or sale of real or personal property; granting or accepting easements, plat or dedication of land to public use; or vacating or settling the boundaries of streets or other public places; nor shall this repeal affect any other ordinance of a temporary of special nature or pertaining to subjects not contained in or covered by the Code of Ordinances. All fees established in prior ordinances shall remain in effect unless amended in this Code of Ordinances, or until an ordinance adopting a fee schedule is adopted or amended.
Section 4. This ordinance adopting the Code of Ordinance shall be sufficient publication of any ordinance included in it and not previously published in the city’s official newspaper. The City Clerk shall cause a substantial quantity of the Code of Ordinances to be printed for general distribution to the public at actual cost, and shall furnish a copy of the Code of Ordinances to the County Law Library or its designated depository. The official copy of this Code of Ordinances shall be marked; and be kept in the office of the city Clerk.
Section 5. The Code of Ordinances is declared to be prima facie evidence of the law of the city and shall be received in evidence as provided by Minnesota Statutes by the courts of the State of Minnesota.
Section 6. This ordinance adopting the Code of Ordinance, and the Code of Ordinances itself, shall take effect upon publication of this ordinance in the city’s official newspaper.
PASSED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF PETERSON, MINNESOTA THIS 11TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2012.
Jennifer Wood: Mayor, City of Peterson
Judy A Graham: Clerk, City of Peterson