"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
AgStar Fund Solicits Grant Requests for Rural Emergency Response Departments $50,000 is available for rural communities in AgStar's local service area
Thu, Jul 29th, 2010
Posted in Business Announcements
Posted in Business Announcements
MANKATO, Minn. (July 29, 2010) -The AgStar Fund for Rural America, AgStar Financial Services' corporate giving program, is proud to announce they are accepting applications for their Emergency Response Services (EMS) Grant Program. The mission of this program is to support rural communities in AgStar's service area by funding emergency response equipment for volunteer fire, rescue, or ambulance departments.
Each year, AgStar supports rural emergency response departments by providing a total of $50,000 in grants for area departments in need. Even though many of these departments have the essentials, they cannot always afford new technologies to upgrade or replace old equipment because of budget constraints. The EMS grant program was established to help these departments serve their communities. To date, over $225,000 has been given by the AgStar Fund to rural emergency response departments for their equipment needs.
"AgStar understands how vital emergency response volunteers are to rural communities," stated John Monson, Chair of AgStar's Fund Board of Trustees. "It's very rewarding to provide funding to help them acquire the equipment they need to better serve their communities."
All rural volunteer emergency response departments located in one of the 69 counties within AgStar's chartered territory are eligible to apply. Applications for grants, up to $2,500, may be submitted online at www.AgStar.com August 1 through August 31, 2010.
Since its inception in 2001, the AgStar Fund has donated more than $3 million to organizations working to improve the future of rural America. Applications considered for funding and support must align with the Fund's mission to "enhance the quality of life and future opportunities for rural residents and their communities." The Fund focuses on one of the four key areas of support: Education, Technology, Environment, and Quality of Life.
AgStar Financial Services, ACA, headquartered in Mankato, Minn., employs more than 600 full-time team members. The company is part of the national Farm Credit System and has a public mission to serve 69 counties in Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. AgStar's industry specialization, client segments and market delivery systems result in diversification nationwide. The company has expertise in the corn, soybean, swine, dairy and bio-energy industries. AgStar has developed successful programs in loans, leases, crop insurance, tax services, accounting, consulting and rural home mortgages. As a value-added financial services cooperative, AgStar allocates patronage dividends to its 13,000 stockholders. Visit www.AgStar.com for more information.