- 7:43:19, May 5th 2016 - Paul Little - A recent study shows that people who choose to be anonymous are either a ... [Read More]
- 1:56:56, May 5th 2016 - Combat Veteran - Paul: I'm fairly certain I could have a heated debate with your Veter ... [Read More]
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
You get a true taste of Chatfield life if you happen through town on a Thursday during the summer. You will find pie and ice cream available in the park so that you will truly enjoy the band concert slated for that evening. While it is usually the Chatfield Brass Band on the bill, it just might be the U.S. Navy Band or a Swedish Band coming through town on a national tour.
Maybe it is fishing, golf, canoeing or hunting which is your bag. Some of the best trout streams in Minnesota are right here and the greens on the local golf course are excellent. The white-tail deer herd is strong and the wild turkey population is a delight for all. And don't forget the bass in the fall.
If you are one who likes to observe, you shouldn't miss the fall foliage tours. The hills and valleys provide a spectacular showcase for the brilliant colors and the wildlife is abundant.
Enjoy the many hawks, the bluebirds and cardinals. Enjoy the many wild turkey vultures and the occasional bald eagle. Enjoy the large Percheron and Belgian horses as well as the race horses which are being raised in the area. Enjoy the donkeys, mules and livestock. Enjoy the people the shops and the parks---Enjoy the experience.
Points of interest: Brass Band Lending Library; Oakenwald Terrace; Stone Wall up Winona Hill; Nine Hole Golf Course; Public swimming pool, Shady picnic areas; Historical Museum; War Museum Public Library; Pease Wildlife Museum; Lund's Guest House (B&B); Mill Creek Park; Tennis Courts; Softball diamonds; Band concerts in the park; Canoe rental; Shopping district with 40 shops in a two block area; 86 bed care center.
Airports - 20 miles to Rochester and 86 to Twin Cities International; 11 miles south of I-90; Western Days celebration is the second weekend in August; Church service schedule is posted at Thurber Community Building.
For further information, call the Chatfield Tourist Information Center at (507) 867-3966 or send inquires to the Center c/o City Clerk's Office, 21 SE Second Street, Chatfield, MN 55923.