- 7:43:19, May 5th 2016 - Paul Little - A recent study shows that people who choose to be anonymous are either a ... [Read More]
- 1:56:56, May 5th 2016 - Combat Veteran - Paul: I'm fairly certain I could have a heated debate with your Veter ... [Read More]
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
Completion of the Root River State Trail's Houston segment in 1999 provides access to 60 miles of asphalt trail from the city's new Trailhead Park on West Plum Street. Development of Trailhead Park (set to continue in 2001) will include walking trails, picnic areas, and construction of a nature and visitors center with restrooms and showers. Besides bicycling, area recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, golf, horse trails, swimming and camping.
When it comes to food, variety is the word. Five area restaurants, and ice-cream shop, and two gas and convenience stores offer a palette of choice. Churches abound, too, with seven to pick from in and near Houston. A solid educational system and quality health care services round out this full service community.
Annual Houston events include the Community Dinner and Dance in February, the Root River Triathlon in May, City-Wide Garage Sales in May and October, Houston Hoe-down in July, America's Night Out Against Crime in August, the Houston Craft Show and the Holiday Art Festival in November, and a visit from Santa in December.