- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
- 3:20:36, May 1st 2015 - - To herb, You can turn it around however you want, whatever makes you feel bette ... [Read More]
- 2:48:41, May 1st 2015 - Herb - To Hawkeye63: I wonder if you have any idea how wacky, exaggerated, extremist, ... [Read More]
- 2:22:23, May 1st 2015 - VikeFan 1 - To Kim Wenworth: What? You don't know what people are referring to in e ... [Read More]
Completion of the Root River State Trail's Houston segment in 1999 provides access to 60 miles of asphalt trail from the city's new Trailhead Park on West Plum Street. Development of Trailhead Park (set to continue in 2001) will include walking trails, picnic areas, and construction of a nature and visitors center with restrooms and showers. Besides bicycling, area recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, golf, horse trails, swimming and camping.
When it comes to food, variety is the word. Five area restaurants, and ice-cream shop, and two gas and convenience stores offer a palette of choice. Churches abound, too, with seven to pick from in and near Houston. A solid educational system and quality health care services round out this full service community.
Annual Houston events include the Community Dinner and Dance in February, the Root River Triathlon in May, City-Wide Garage Sales in May and October, Houston Hoe-down in July, America's Night Out Against Crime in August, the Houston Craft Show and the Holiday Art Festival in November, and a visit from Santa in December.