- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
- 8:35:39, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 8:34:20, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
Completion of the Root River State Trail's Houston segment in 1999 provides access to 60 miles of asphalt trail from the city's new Trailhead Park on West Plum Street. Development of Trailhead Park (set to continue in 2001) will include walking trails, picnic areas, and construction of a nature and visitors center with restrooms and showers. Besides bicycling, area recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, golf, horse trails, swimming and camping.
When it comes to food, variety is the word. Five area restaurants, and ice-cream shop, and two gas and convenience stores offer a palette of choice. Churches abound, too, with seven to pick from in and near Houston. A solid educational system and quality health care services round out this full service community.
Annual Houston events include the Community Dinner and Dance in February, the Root River Triathlon in May, City-Wide Garage Sales in May and October, Houston Hoe-down in July, America's Night Out Against Crime in August, the Houston Craft Show and the Holiday Art Festival in November, and a visit from Santa in December.