- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
You get a true taste of Chatfield life if you happen through town on a Thursday during the summer. You will find pie and ice cream available in the park so that you will truly enjoy the band concert slated for that evening. While it is usually the Chatfield Brass Band on the bill, it just might be the U.S. Navy Band or a Swedish Band coming through town on a national tour.
Maybe it is fishing, golf, canoeing or hunting which is your bag. Some of the best trout streams in Minnesota are right here and the greens on the local golf course are excellent. The white-tail deer herd is strong and the wild turkey population is a delight for all. And don't forget the bass in the fall.
If you are one who likes to observe, you shouldn't miss the fall foliage tours. The hills and valleys provide a spectacular showcase for the brilliant colors and the wildlife is abundant.
Enjoy the many hawks, the bluebirds and cardinals. Enjoy the many wild turkey vultures and the occasional bald eagle. Enjoy the large Percheron and Belgian horses as well as the race horses which are being raised in the area. Enjoy the donkeys, mules and livestock. Enjoy the people the shops and the parks---Enjoy the experience.
Points of interest: Brass Band Lending Library; Oakenwald Terrace; Stone Wall up Winona Hill; Nine Hole Golf Course; Public swimming pool, Shady picnic areas; Historical Museum; War Museum Public Library; Pease Wildlife Museum; Lund's Guest House (B&B); Mill Creek Park; Tennis Courts; Softball diamonds; Band concerts in the park; Canoe rental; Shopping district with 40 shops in a two block area; 86 bed care center.
Airports - 20 miles to Rochester and 86 to Twin Cities International; 11 miles south of I-90; Western Days celebration is the second weekend in August; Church service schedule is posted at Thurber Community Building.
For further information, call the Chatfield Tourist Information Center at (507) 867-3966 or send inquires to the Center c/o City Clerk's Office, 21 SE Second Street, Chatfield, MN 55923.