"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - email@example.com - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
- 12:59:43, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Thank you for running Vance. You'll be an excellent commissioner! ... [Read More]
- 11:32:53, Oct 14th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - If any of the previous message has to do with my piece, I want to be c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 1st, 2010
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
A recently formed committee of the Kingsland Public Schools will be reaching out to the community in the next few weeks to furnish information and answer questions regarding the upcoming revenue authorization. Currently the existing referendum revenue authorization is $300.38 per pupil. If approved by the voters, that would be replaced with a new authorization of $700.00 per pupil. This would be effective for taxes payable in 2011 and would provide additional funds for the next nine years. According to a school district spokesperson, this would result in smaller class sizes, purchase supplies, and to help the district keep programs and enhancements.
Details surrounding the referendum can be found on the district's website: www.kingsland.k12.mn.us.
The proposal will be voted on by the district's residents on November 2.