"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 8th, 2010
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Times are tough, and maybe you are looking for an inexpensive small business venture on your land. Or, maybe you just need an engrossing hobby?
Either way, consider learning about some of your options at "Small Farm U" - Small Farm University- coming to Winona on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9-noon. Experienced teachers will lead you through the basics of four novel topics: small fruit production; beekeeping, feeding the winter beef herd and managing your woodlot. You can pick two of those options, and then everyone will gather for a presentation on financial planning for your small enterprise.
Held at the sparkling, newly remodeled Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson, St., downtown Winona.
Leading the classes: Introduction to Beekeeping - by SE Minnesota Beekeepers Assoc; Feeding your Beef Cattle this Winter - Jerry Tesmer, U of M Extension Educator; Managing your Woods - Angie Gupta, Extension Educator; Fruit Growing - Panel of local growers; Making it Pay, the financial plan for your project - Extension Educator Chuck Schwartau. $20 per person for the morning includes classes and refreshments.
Pre-register with U of M Extension-Winona County at (507) 457-6440, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.