"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 8th, 2010
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Times are tough, and maybe you are looking for an inexpensive small business venture on your land. Or, maybe you just need an engrossing hobby?
Either way, consider learning about some of your options at "Small Farm U" - Small Farm University- coming to Winona on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9-noon. Experienced teachers will lead you through the basics of four novel topics: small fruit production; beekeeping, feeding the winter beef herd and managing your woodlot. You can pick two of those options, and then everyone will gather for a presentation on financial planning for your small enterprise.
Held at the sparkling, newly remodeled Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson, St., downtown Winona.
Leading the classes: Introduction to Beekeeping - by SE Minnesota Beekeepers Assoc; Feeding your Beef Cattle this Winter - Jerry Tesmer, U of M Extension Educator; Managing your Woods - Angie Gupta, Extension Educator; Fruit Growing - Panel of local growers; Making it Pay, the financial plan for your project - Extension Educator Chuck Schwartau. $20 per person for the morning includes classes and refreshments.
Pre-register with U of M Extension-Winona County at (507) 457-6440, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.