"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 8th, 2010
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Times are tough, and maybe you are looking for an inexpensive small business venture on your land. Or, maybe you just need an engrossing hobby?
Either way, consider learning about some of your options at "Small Farm U" - Small Farm University- coming to Winona on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9-noon. Experienced teachers will lead you through the basics of four novel topics: small fruit production; beekeeping, feeding the winter beef herd and managing your woodlot. You can pick two of those options, and then everyone will gather for a presentation on financial planning for your small enterprise.
Held at the sparkling, newly remodeled Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson, St., downtown Winona.
Leading the classes: Introduction to Beekeeping - by SE Minnesota Beekeepers Assoc; Feeding your Beef Cattle this Winter - Jerry Tesmer, U of M Extension Educator; Managing your Woods - Angie Gupta, Extension Educator; Fruit Growing - Panel of local growers; Making it Pay, the financial plan for your project - Extension Educator Chuck Schwartau. $20 per person for the morning includes classes and refreshments.
Pre-register with U of M Extension-Winona County at (507) 457-6440, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.