"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 8th, 2010
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Times are tough, and maybe you are looking for an inexpensive small business venture on your land. Or, maybe you just need an engrossing hobby?
Either way, consider learning about some of your options at "Small Farm U" - Small Farm University- coming to Winona on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9-noon. Experienced teachers will lead you through the basics of four novel topics: small fruit production; beekeeping, feeding the winter beef herd and managing your woodlot. You can pick two of those options, and then everyone will gather for a presentation on financial planning for your small enterprise.
Held at the sparkling, newly remodeled Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson, St., downtown Winona.
Leading the classes: Introduction to Beekeeping - by SE Minnesota Beekeepers Assoc; Feeding your Beef Cattle this Winter - Jerry Tesmer, U of M Extension Educator; Managing your Woods - Angie Gupta, Extension Educator; Fruit Growing - Panel of local growers; Making it Pay, the financial plan for your project - Extension Educator Chuck Schwartau. $20 per person for the morning includes classes and refreshments.
Pre-register with U of M Extension-Winona County at (507) 457-6440, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.