"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 8th, 2010
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Times are tough, and maybe you are looking for an inexpensive small business venture on your land. Or, maybe you just need an engrossing hobby?
Either way, consider learning about some of your options at "Small Farm U" - Small Farm University- coming to Winona on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9-noon. Experienced teachers will lead you through the basics of four novel topics: small fruit production; beekeeping, feeding the winter beef herd and managing your woodlot. You can pick two of those options, and then everyone will gather for a presentation on financial planning for your small enterprise.
Held at the sparkling, newly remodeled Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson, St., downtown Winona.
Leading the classes: Introduction to Beekeeping - by SE Minnesota Beekeepers Assoc; Feeding your Beef Cattle this Winter - Jerry Tesmer, U of M Extension Educator; Managing your Woods - Angie Gupta, Extension Educator; Fruit Growing - Panel of local growers; Making it Pay, the financial plan for your project - Extension Educator Chuck Schwartau. $20 per person for the morning includes classes and refreshments.
Pre-register with U of M Extension-Winona County at (507) 457-6440, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.