- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Many older buildings in Caledonia are built of locally quarried rock and plastered with native lime sandstone. This includes the Houston County Courthouse, Jail and Scheck's Mill.
The area is criss-crossed with spring fed streams which run winter and summer. A natural supply of trout hide in the watercress covered stream beds. Hiking, skiing, groomed snowmobile trails, camping facilities, picnic areas, a picturesque nine hole golf course, parks and playgrounds are available for your enjoyment. Caledonia offers walking and driving tours for all seasons.
The Houston County Historical complex features a log home, the Daily Schoolhouse and two buildings with most of their original furnishings--the Mayville Township Hall and the Sheldon Presbyterian Church.
Fall brings a spectacular blaze of color to the hills and bluffs, with shocks of corn appearing in the woven fields of the contour farmed land. Contour farming, which originated in this area to combat soil erosion, creates a montage of swirling corn and hay, weaving around the rolling hills.
In October the town is decorated with scarecrows. Unique Christmas lighting outlines the buildings of the downtown area in December. A Christmas parade is also held in December.
Caledonia, the Wild Turkey Capital of Minnesota, offers an abundance of wildlife for hunters and observers alike. The forest offers a home for a variety of birds. Sportsmen are rewarded with bountiful numbers of wild turkey, deer, and trout.