"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Wed, Jan 11th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
With our office located Preston, Minn., I feel like we're centrally located for good food in any direction.
Last Thursday, I was hungry from a soup and sandwich, and I immediately thought of a quick trip to Chatfield for some good eats at JW's Silver Grille.
I've been there many times before, even holding one of our company meetings at the restaurant. They have plenty of seating and friendly environment -- not to mention excellent food.
While I had visions of soup bowls jumping in my head, I took a look at the menu and suddenly burgers started to fill my mind.
"I'll have the Swiss Shroom Burger basket," I said to the waitress.
A last second change of plans turned out to be a great meal. The fries were bigger than my fingers and the swiss cheese was perfectly melted over a juicy mushroom covered handmade burger.
As I looked around the room, noticing about 18 other hungry people, I saw a wide variety of entrees I wish I had enough room to fit in my belly.
Some days I wonder if my weekly Real Bites feature will result in a massive weight gain. Well, at least I'll enjoy the ride!
The residents of Chatfield and surrounding communities are very fortunate to have opportunities to indulge in an all-you-can-eat selection of broasted chicken every Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and all-you-can-eat fish and shrimp on Fridays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. If you're looking for a great place to relax with a delicious selection of burgers, salads, soups and desserts, look no further.
Thanks to John Goldsmith and his family for serving up great food for locals and tourists. From my experience, family-owned and operated restaurants always provide a better overall experience and at a better price than the cookie-cutter corporate-run restaurants in the big city.
JW's Silver Grille offers dine-in, carry out and catering. Just stop by or feel free to call John at 507-867-2941.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.