"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Wed, Jan 11th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
With our office located Preston, Minn., I feel like we're centrally located for good food in any direction.
Last Thursday, I was hungry from a soup and sandwich, and I immediately thought of a quick trip to Chatfield for some good eats at JW's Silver Grille.
I've been there many times before, even holding one of our company meetings at the restaurant. They have plenty of seating and friendly environment -- not to mention excellent food.
While I had visions of soup bowls jumping in my head, I took a look at the menu and suddenly burgers started to fill my mind.
"I'll have the Swiss Shroom Burger basket," I said to the waitress.
A last second change of plans turned out to be a great meal. The fries were bigger than my fingers and the swiss cheese was perfectly melted over a juicy mushroom covered handmade burger.
As I looked around the room, noticing about 18 other hungry people, I saw a wide variety of entrees I wish I had enough room to fit in my belly.
Some days I wonder if my weekly Real Bites feature will result in a massive weight gain. Well, at least I'll enjoy the ride!
The residents of Chatfield and surrounding communities are very fortunate to have opportunities to indulge in an all-you-can-eat selection of broasted chicken every Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and all-you-can-eat fish and shrimp on Fridays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. If you're looking for a great place to relax with a delicious selection of burgers, salads, soups and desserts, look no further.
Thanks to John Goldsmith and his family for serving up great food for locals and tourists. From my experience, family-owned and operated restaurants always provide a better overall experience and at a better price than the cookie-cutter corporate-run restaurants in the big city.
JW's Silver Grille offers dine-in, carry out and catering. Just stop by or feel free to call John at 507-867-2941.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.