"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Wed, Jan 11th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
With our office located Preston, Minn., I feel like we're centrally located for good food in any direction.
Last Thursday, I was hungry from a soup and sandwich, and I immediately thought of a quick trip to Chatfield for some good eats at JW's Silver Grille.
I've been there many times before, even holding one of our company meetings at the restaurant. They have plenty of seating and friendly environment -- not to mention excellent food.
While I had visions of soup bowls jumping in my head, I took a look at the menu and suddenly burgers started to fill my mind.
"I'll have the Swiss Shroom Burger basket," I said to the waitress.
A last second change of plans turned out to be a great meal. The fries were bigger than my fingers and the swiss cheese was perfectly melted over a juicy mushroom covered handmade burger.
As I looked around the room, noticing about 18 other hungry people, I saw a wide variety of entrees I wish I had enough room to fit in my belly.
Some days I wonder if my weekly Real Bites feature will result in a massive weight gain. Well, at least I'll enjoy the ride!
The residents of Chatfield and surrounding communities are very fortunate to have opportunities to indulge in an all-you-can-eat selection of broasted chicken every Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and all-you-can-eat fish and shrimp on Fridays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. If you're looking for a great place to relax with a delicious selection of burgers, salads, soups and desserts, look no further.
Thanks to John Goldsmith and his family for serving up great food for locals and tourists. From my experience, family-owned and operated restaurants always provide a better overall experience and at a better price than the cookie-cutter corporate-run restaurants in the big city.
JW's Silver Grille offers dine-in, carry out and catering. Just stop by or feel free to call John at 507-867-2941.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.