- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
You get a true taste of Chatfield life if you happen through town on a Thursday during the summer. You will find pie and ice cream available in the park so that you will truly enjoy the band concert slated for that evening. While it is usually the Chatfield Brass Band on the bill, it just might be the U.S. Navy Band or a Swedish Band coming through town on a national tour.
Maybe it is fishing, golf, canoeing or hunting which is your bag. Some of the best trout streams in Minnesota are right here and the greens on the local golf course are excellent. The white-tail deer herd is strong and the wild turkey population is a delight for all. And don't forget the bass in the fall.
If you are one who likes to observe, you shouldn't miss the fall foliage tours. The hills and valleys provide a spectacular showcase for the brilliant colors and the wildlife is abundant.
Enjoy the many hawks, the bluebirds and cardinals. Enjoy the many wild turkey vultures and the occasional bald eagle. Enjoy the large Percheron and Belgian horses as well as the race horses which are being raised in the area. Enjoy the donkeys, mules and livestock. Enjoy the people the shops and the parks---Enjoy the experience.
Points of interest: Brass Band Lending Library; Oakenwald Terrace; Stone Wall up Winona Hill; Nine Hole Golf Course; Public swimming pool, Shady picnic areas; Historical Museum; War Museum Public Library; Pease Wildlife Museum; Lund's Guest House (B&B); Mill Creek Park; Tennis Courts; Softball diamonds; Band concerts in the park; Canoe rental; Shopping district with 40 shops in a two block area; 86 bed care center.
Airports - 20 miles to Rochester and 86 to Twin Cities International; 11 miles south of I-90; Western Days celebration is the second weekend in August; Church service schedule is posted at Thurber Community Building.
For further information, call the Chatfield Tourist Information Center at (507) 867-3966 or send inquires to the Center c/o City Clerk's Office, 21 SE Second Street, Chatfield, MN 55923.