- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Many older buildings in Caledonia are built of locally quarried rock and plastered with native lime sandstone. This includes the Houston County Courthouse, Jail and Scheck's Mill.
The area is criss-crossed with spring fed streams which run winter and summer. A natural supply of trout hide in the watercress covered stream beds. Hiking, skiing, groomed snowmobile trails, camping facilities, picnic areas, a picturesque nine hole golf course, parks and playgrounds are available for your enjoyment. Caledonia offers walking and driving tours for all seasons.
The Houston County Historical complex features a log home, the Daily Schoolhouse and two buildings with most of their original furnishings--the Mayville Township Hall and the Sheldon Presbyterian Church.
Fall brings a spectacular blaze of color to the hills and bluffs, with shocks of corn appearing in the woven fields of the contour farmed land. Contour farming, which originated in this area to combat soil erosion, creates a montage of swirling corn and hay, weaving around the rolling hills.
In October the town is decorated with scarecrows. Unique Christmas lighting outlines the buildings of the downtown area in December. A Christmas parade is also held in December.
Caledonia, the Wild Turkey Capital of Minnesota, offers an abundance of wildlife for hunters and observers alike. The forest offers a home for a variety of birds. Sportsmen are rewarded with bountiful numbers of wild turkey, deer, and trout.