- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Completion of the Root River State Trail's Houston segment in 1999 provides access to 60 miles of asphalt trail from the city's new Trailhead Park on West Plum Street. Development of Trailhead Park (set to continue in 2001) will include walking trails, picnic areas, and construction of a nature and visitors center with restrooms and showers. Besides bicycling, area recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, golf, horse trails, swimming and camping.
When it comes to food, variety is the word. Five area restaurants, and ice-cream shop, and two gas and convenience stores offer a palette of choice. Churches abound, too, with seven to pick from in and near Houston. A solid educational system and quality health care services round out this full service community.
Annual Houston events include the Community Dinner and Dance in February, the Root River Triathlon in May, City-Wide Garage Sales in May and October, Houston Hoe-down in July, America's Night Out Against Crime in August, the Houston Craft Show and the Holiday Art Festival in November, and a visit from Santa in December.