"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
- 3:20:36, May 1st 2015 - - To herb, You can turn it around however you want, whatever makes you feel bette ... [Read More]
Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony died April 29, 2001 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester after a short illness.
Born Feb. 16, 1923, he enlisted in the Army on April 21, 1941, and served in the Philippines with the 660th Coast Artillery Anti-Aircraft Battalion. He was captured by the Japanese and was a prisoner of war for four years. After 21 years in the service, he retired a master sergeant. He won the Bronze Star, the American Defense Service Medal with a bronze star, Philippines Defense Ribbon with a bronze star, a distinguished unit badge, the Asiatic Pacific Theater Service Medal, the Victory Medal and the good conduct medal. He married Dorothy Hick in 1947. He worked for Benike Construction in Rochester and then HECO, first as a truck driver and later in the steel department as a foreman. He retired from HECO in 1985. He was a member of the American Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor and a member of the Minnesota Hiawatha Chapter of American Ex-Prisoners of War.
A memorial service for Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony, will be 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, the Rev. David Laechel officiating. The body was cremated. Military rites will be conducted by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post of Harmony.
Surviving are three sons, Raymond (Catherine) of Irving, Texas; Barry (Lynn) of Little Falls, Minn., and Lyle (Katherine) of Rochester; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ruth Smith and Ardis Mason. His wife and a brother preceded him in death.