"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
- 6:54:34, Apr 26th 2016 - Paul - Hawkeye, I've missed your out-of-touch "I'm right, you're wrong" rants. Glad ... [Read More]
- 11:59:13, Apr 26th 2016 - LOLZ - Trolling is a disease. Just like square dancing. ... [Read More]
Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony died April 29, 2001 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester after a short illness.
Born Feb. 16, 1923, he enlisted in the Army on April 21, 1941, and served in the Philippines with the 660th Coast Artillery Anti-Aircraft Battalion. He was captured by the Japanese and was a prisoner of war for four years. After 21 years in the service, he retired a master sergeant. He won the Bronze Star, the American Defense Service Medal with a bronze star, Philippines Defense Ribbon with a bronze star, a distinguished unit badge, the Asiatic Pacific Theater Service Medal, the Victory Medal and the good conduct medal. He married Dorothy Hick in 1947. He worked for Benike Construction in Rochester and then HECO, first as a truck driver and later in the steel department as a foreman. He retired from HECO in 1985. He was a member of the American Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor and a member of the Minnesota Hiawatha Chapter of American Ex-Prisoners of War.
A memorial service for Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony, will be 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, the Rev. David Laechel officiating. The body was cremated. Military rites will be conducted by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post of Harmony.
Surviving are three sons, Raymond (Catherine) of Irving, Texas; Barry (Lynn) of Little Falls, Minn., and Lyle (Katherine) of Rochester; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ruth Smith and Ardis Mason. His wife and a brother preceded him in death.