"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony died April 29, 2001 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester after a short illness.
Born Feb. 16, 1923, he enlisted in the Army on April 21, 1941, and served in the Philippines with the 660th Coast Artillery Anti-Aircraft Battalion. He was captured by the Japanese and was a prisoner of war for four years. After 21 years in the service, he retired a master sergeant. He won the Bronze Star, the American Defense Service Medal with a bronze star, Philippines Defense Ribbon with a bronze star, a distinguished unit badge, the Asiatic Pacific Theater Service Medal, the Victory Medal and the good conduct medal. He married Dorothy Hick in 1947. He worked for Benike Construction in Rochester and then HECO, first as a truck driver and later in the steel department as a foreman. He retired from HECO in 1985. He was a member of the American Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor and a member of the Minnesota Hiawatha Chapter of American Ex-Prisoners of War.
A memorial service for Bryce Warren Duxbury, 78, of Harmony, will be 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Lindstrom Funeral Home, Harmony, the Rev. David Laechel officiating. The body was cremated. Military rites will be conducted by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post of Harmony.
Surviving are three sons, Raymond (Catherine) of Irving, Texas; Barry (Lynn) of Little Falls, Minn., and Lyle (Katherine) of Rochester; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ruth Smith and Ardis Mason. His wife and a brother preceded him in death.