- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
You get a true taste of Chatfield life if you happen through town on a Thursday during the summer. You will find pie and ice cream available in the park so that you will truly enjoy the band concert slated for that evening. While it is usually the Chatfield Brass Band on the bill, it just might be the U.S. Navy Band or a Swedish Band coming through town on a national tour.
Maybe it is fishing, golf, canoeing or hunting which is your bag. Some of the best trout streams in Minnesota are right here and the greens on the local golf course are excellent. The white-tail deer herd is strong and the wild turkey population is a delight for all. And don't forget the bass in the fall.
If you are one who likes to observe, you shouldn't miss the fall foliage tours. The hills and valleys provide a spectacular showcase for the brilliant colors and the wildlife is abundant.
Enjoy the many hawks, the bluebirds and cardinals. Enjoy the many wild turkey vultures and the occasional bald eagle. Enjoy the large Percheron and Belgian horses as well as the race horses which are being raised in the area. Enjoy the donkeys, mules and livestock. Enjoy the people the shops and the parks---Enjoy the experience.
Points of interest: Brass Band Lending Library; Oakenwald Terrace; Stone Wall up Winona Hill; Nine Hole Golf Course; Public swimming pool, Shady picnic areas; Historical Museum; War Museum Public Library; Pease Wildlife Museum; Lund's Guest House (B&B); Mill Creek Park; Tennis Courts; Softball diamonds; Band concerts in the park; Canoe rental; Shopping district with 40 shops in a two block area; 86 bed care center.
Airports - 20 miles to Rochester and 86 to Twin Cities International; 11 miles south of I-90; Western Days celebration is the second weekend in August; Church service schedule is posted at Thurber Community Building.
For further information, call the Chatfield Tourist Information Center at (507) 867-3966 or send inquires to the Center c/o City Clerk's Office, 21 SE Second Street, Chatfield, MN 55923.