- 11:07:34, Oct 13th 2015 - SV Grad - Has anyone ever questioned why the Kingsland School board always seems to ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Oct 13th 2015 - Youth - Why not use the money to build something the kids can do, seeing there is not ... [Read More]
- 3:34:09, Oct 12th 2015 - Stupid is as stupid does - I wonder what kind of crooked deal the Village and the cit ... [Read More]
- 11:53:06, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Peggy, you are so far out in left field we would need a telescope to see ... [Read More]
- 11:43:25, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Jason, the conclusion of your article is right on. Since " Muslim" refer ... [Read More]
- 11:41:59, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Jason, the conclusion of your article is right on. Since " Muslim" refer ... [Read More]
- 9:42:53, Oct 12th 2015 - Wykoff - I will be moving my child to Chatfield next year. They might as well switch ... [Read More]
- 6:37:19, Oct 12th 2015 - Huh - Harmony enterprise, doesn't have enough money. Lmfao! Have you seen the owners ... [Read More]
- 6:32:47, Oct 12th 2015 - Withya - And the parents act like little kids. They r so disrespectful, and they als ... [Read More]
- 11:12:02, Oct 10th 2015 - Paul Little - Recently a friend challenged me to research what I am told on-line and ... [Read More]
You get a true taste of Chatfield life if you happen through town on a Thursday during the summer. You will find pie and ice cream available in the park so that you will truly enjoy the band concert slated for that evening. While it is usually the Chatfield Brass Band on the bill, it just might be the U.S. Navy Band or a Swedish Band coming through town on a national tour.
Maybe it is fishing, golf, canoeing or hunting which is your bag. Some of the best trout streams in Minnesota are right here and the greens on the local golf course are excellent. The white-tail deer herd is strong and the wild turkey population is a delight for all. And don't forget the bass in the fall.
If you are one who likes to observe, you shouldn't miss the fall foliage tours. The hills and valleys provide a spectacular showcase for the brilliant colors and the wildlife is abundant.
Enjoy the many hawks, the bluebirds and cardinals. Enjoy the many wild turkey vultures and the occasional bald eagle. Enjoy the large Percheron and Belgian horses as well as the race horses which are being raised in the area. Enjoy the donkeys, mules and livestock. Enjoy the people the shops and the parks---Enjoy the experience.
Points of interest: Brass Band Lending Library; Oakenwald Terrace; Stone Wall up Winona Hill; Nine Hole Golf Course; Public swimming pool, Shady picnic areas; Historical Museum; War Museum Public Library; Pease Wildlife Museum; Lund's Guest House (B&B); Mill Creek Park; Tennis Courts; Softball diamonds; Band concerts in the park; Canoe rental; Shopping district with 40 shops in a two block area; 86 bed care center.
Airports - 20 miles to Rochester and 86 to Twin Cities International; 11 miles south of I-90; Western Days celebration is the second weekend in August; Church service schedule is posted at Thurber Community Building.
For further information, call the Chatfield Tourist Information Center at (507) 867-3966 or send inquires to the Center c/o City Clerk's Office, 21 SE Second Street, Chatfield, MN 55923.