- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
- 12:59:43, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Thank you for running Vance. You'll be an excellent commissioner! ... [Read More]
Completion of the Root River State Trail's Houston segment in 1999 provides access to 60 miles of asphalt trail from the city's new Trailhead Park on West Plum Street. Development of Trailhead Park (set to continue in 2001) will include walking trails, picnic areas, and construction of a nature and visitors center with restrooms and showers. Besides bicycling, area recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, golf, horse trails, swimming and camping.
When it comes to food, variety is the word. Five area restaurants, and ice-cream shop, and two gas and convenience stores offer a palette of choice. Churches abound, too, with seven to pick from in and near Houston. A solid educational system and quality health care services round out this full service community.
Annual Houston events include the Community Dinner and Dance in February, the Root River Triathlon in May, City-Wide Garage Sales in May and October, Houston Hoe-down in July, America's Night Out Against Crime in August, the Houston Craft Show and the Holiday Art Festival in November, and a visit from Santa in December.