"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Mon, Oct 25th, 2010
Posted in Faith & Worship
Posted in Faith & Worship
"'When will the New Moon be over that we may sell grain, and the Sabbath be ended that we may market wheat?'- skimping the measure, boosting the price and cheating with dishonest scales, buying the poor with silver and the needy for a pair of sandals, selling even the sweepings with the wheat. The LORD has sworn by the Pride of Jacob: 'I will never forget anything they have done.'" Amos 8:5-7 NIV
Can you remember a time when most of the stores stayed closed on Sunday out of respect for family worship time? There was a time when you had to remember to fill up on Saturday because the full service gas station would be closed when you wanted to take your Sunday trip. Do you remember a time when people were proud of the "Made in America" on goods because they were good quality? There were small appliance repair shops because it was worth getting an item fixed rather than replaced.
Times have changed and the words of the prophet Amos sound like the kind of society we have become. Even religion for some has become nothing more than moving in the right circles, buying respectability, and assuring that if there is a God ,they will be found acceptable because they made donations. If the church service is too long, people complain. They have more important things to do.
The actions of the nation of Israel were remembered by God. When the time came, the nation was utterly destroyed by their enemies and all they treasured was lost.
The good news for us is that God can forget. Jesus blocks the memories of our sins so that God can say, "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more (Hebrews 8:12 NIV)." I think it is time for us to remember. See you in church!