"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:45:55, May 30th 2015 - doc - SV80, you use your tongue prettier than a $1500 prostitute. Seriously, you must ... [Read More]
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
Mon, Oct 25th, 2010
Posted in Faith & Worship
Posted in Faith & Worship
"'When will the New Moon be over that we may sell grain, and the Sabbath be ended that we may market wheat?'- skimping the measure, boosting the price and cheating with dishonest scales, buying the poor with silver and the needy for a pair of sandals, selling even the sweepings with the wheat. The LORD has sworn by the Pride of Jacob: 'I will never forget anything they have done.'" Amos 8:5-7 NIV
Can you remember a time when most of the stores stayed closed on Sunday out of respect for family worship time? There was a time when you had to remember to fill up on Saturday because the full service gas station would be closed when you wanted to take your Sunday trip. Do you remember a time when people were proud of the "Made in America" on goods because they were good quality? There were small appliance repair shops because it was worth getting an item fixed rather than replaced.
Times have changed and the words of the prophet Amos sound like the kind of society we have become. Even religion for some has become nothing more than moving in the right circles, buying respectability, and assuring that if there is a God ,they will be found acceptable because they made donations. If the church service is too long, people complain. They have more important things to do.
The actions of the nation of Israel were remembered by God. When the time came, the nation was utterly destroyed by their enemies and all they treasured was lost.
The good news for us is that God can forget. Jesus blocks the memories of our sins so that God can say, "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more (Hebrews 8:12 NIV)." I think it is time for us to remember. See you in church!