"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Mon, Oct 25th, 2010
Posted in Faith & Worship
Posted in Faith & Worship
"'When will the New Moon be over that we may sell grain, and the Sabbath be ended that we may market wheat?'- skimping the measure, boosting the price and cheating with dishonest scales, buying the poor with silver and the needy for a pair of sandals, selling even the sweepings with the wheat. The LORD has sworn by the Pride of Jacob: 'I will never forget anything they have done.'" Amos 8:5-7 NIV
Can you remember a time when most of the stores stayed closed on Sunday out of respect for family worship time? There was a time when you had to remember to fill up on Saturday because the full service gas station would be closed when you wanted to take your Sunday trip. Do you remember a time when people were proud of the "Made in America" on goods because they were good quality? There were small appliance repair shops because it was worth getting an item fixed rather than replaced.
Times have changed and the words of the prophet Amos sound like the kind of society we have become. Even religion for some has become nothing more than moving in the right circles, buying respectability, and assuring that if there is a God ,they will be found acceptable because they made donations. If the church service is too long, people complain. They have more important things to do.
The actions of the nation of Israel were remembered by God. When the time came, the nation was utterly destroyed by their enemies and all they treasured was lost.
The good news for us is that God can forget. Jesus blocks the memories of our sins so that God can say, "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more (Hebrews 8:12 NIV)." I think it is time for us to remember. See you in church!