- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
Posted in Columnists
Did you read Charlie Warners article in the paper last week and how true it is. Why do we parents let our children drink so much pop and eat so much deep-fried, greasy food and then wonder about their teeth and their weight. I’m so glad someone came out with the facts and hope things can change. When I went to High School here in town our car keys (if we drove) hung in the principal’s office till time to go home, which was 4:00 o’clock and for our lunch we carried a sack lunch and had water to drink. In the good old country school we carried a syrup pail and in it was an onion sandwich and a big home-made molasses cookie, and with it was a glass of cold water. Those days everything tasted good, and we had never heard of the word “pop” or “fast-foods.”
A city couple had just moved to a small rural area and they asked a neighboring farmer for some advice. “What they inquired, would be good to plant in a spot that gets very little rain, has too much late-afternoon sun, has clay soil and is on a rocky ledge?” “Well,” replied the farmer thoughtfully, “how about a nice flagpole?”
A man becomes a Christian; he is not born one.
A person who is wrapped up in himself, always makes a small package.
I’m sure Santa Clause is a bachelor - otherwise he couldn’t stay out all night on Christmas Eve.
I still think it would be wonderful if we could bring back horse sense without bringing back the horse!
He who laughs last is the one who intended to tell the joke himself.
October fields are
crowned in color
Of burnished browns and gold.
Beneath the autumn’s
They a-wait white frosted cold.
• Henry Ford introduced the 8-hour work day and the 5-day work week in 1926.
• Music from 1926: Bye, Bye Blackbird, Mary Lou, Are You Lonesome Tonight, Baby Face and I’ll Climb the Highest Mountain.
Thoughts from Ole: Unless you’re da lead dog - da scenery never changes, life is funny - we must be built backwards - my nose runs and my feet smell.
From age two until 18, the average American youth spends 11,000 hours in school, and 20,000 in front of the television.
Pine trees remain green throughout the year because their needles, like other leaves, contain chlorophyll. However, the surface of these needles is much stronger than other leaves and provides better protection throughout the winter months.
It is not enough to own a Bible;
We must read it.
It is not enough to read it,
We must let it speak to us.
It is not enough to let it speak to us,
We must believe it.
It is not enough to believe it,
We must pray and live it.
Proverbs 14:34. Righteousness makes a nation great, sin is a disgrace to any nation.
~Until next week, Annabelle
Stir 1 large pkg (8 oz) cream cheese until very soft. Gradually blend in 1/2 cup milk until smooth and creamy. Add 1 1/2 cups milk and instant Lemon pudding mix. Beat slowly with egg beater one minute. Pour at once into a cooled baked 9” graham cracker crust. Chill one hour.