"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:36, Nov 30th 2015 - Andy Wolter - Hey ol' neighbor! Apparently the FCJ doesn't archive your columns; I ca ... [Read More]
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
Tue, Dec 28th, 2010
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
As some of you may know, I am an implant to this area. I have been living in Lanesboro for about three years now. I was born in Panama City, Florida, and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have two kids, Justin 8 and Caleigh 5, who are my motivation to get up in the morning.
My lifelong dream was to pitch for the Chicago Cubs; an injury in high school nixed that. Shortly after graduation from Terry Parker High School (Jacksonville) in 2002, I joined the United States Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician. I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV from June 2002- June 2007. In 2007, I was moved from active duty to inactive reserves until June 2010. After I was moved from active to inactive, I came to visit my parents, Joel and Crystall Diersen who moved to Lanesboro after I graduated, before I headed back to Florida. I got here in the middle of the summer and enjoyed it, so I stuck around. I found a job with the Preston Servicemen's Club, thank you Bill, and made myself at home. I survived my first winter with two minor car accidents because of the snow and ice. Hey, I was learning.
I enjoy almost all sports immensely. I enjoy talking, reading, and writing about current sporting events. Local sports are new to me. In Florida, high school sports are not as celebrated as they are here. Part of me wishes I could have lived here during my high school days. It would have been different to say the least.
Aside from a few papers I have written at Rochester Community and Technical College, I have never had any formal training in this type of writing. I will tell you I enjoy it and am glad Jason is giving me the opportunity to be a member of this venture. I look forward to getting to know the fans of these columns and the local athletes I will be interviewing. If you have something regarding sports that you would like to know about, a comment about a previous column, or a local player you feel deserves recognition, feel free to email me: email@example.com