"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Tue, Dec 28th, 2010
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
As some of you may know, I am an implant to this area. I have been living in Lanesboro for about three years now. I was born in Panama City, Florida, and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have two kids, Justin 8 and Caleigh 5, who are my motivation to get up in the morning.
My lifelong dream was to pitch for the Chicago Cubs; an injury in high school nixed that. Shortly after graduation from Terry Parker High School (Jacksonville) in 2002, I joined the United States Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician. I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV from June 2002- June 2007. In 2007, I was moved from active duty to inactive reserves until June 2010. After I was moved from active to inactive, I came to visit my parents, Joel and Crystall Diersen who moved to Lanesboro after I graduated, before I headed back to Florida. I got here in the middle of the summer and enjoyed it, so I stuck around. I found a job with the Preston Servicemen's Club, thank you Bill, and made myself at home. I survived my first winter with two minor car accidents because of the snow and ice. Hey, I was learning.
I enjoy almost all sports immensely. I enjoy talking, reading, and writing about current sporting events. Local sports are new to me. In Florida, high school sports are not as celebrated as they are here. Part of me wishes I could have lived here during my high school days. It would have been different to say the least.
Aside from a few papers I have written at Rochester Community and Technical College, I have never had any formal training in this type of writing. I will tell you I enjoy it and am glad Jason is giving me the opportunity to be a member of this venture. I look forward to getting to know the fans of these columns and the local athletes I will be interviewing. If you have something regarding sports that you would like to know about, a comment about a previous column, or a local player you feel deserves recognition, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org