"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
- 8:27:06, Oct 21st 2014 - rippedoffinNewell - Newell, SD school district residents spent 2.8 million on a parti ... [Read More]
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
Tue, Dec 28th, 2010
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
As some of you may know, I am an implant to this area. I have been living in Lanesboro for about three years now. I was born in Panama City, Florida, and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have two kids, Justin 8 and Caleigh 5, who are my motivation to get up in the morning.
My lifelong dream was to pitch for the Chicago Cubs; an injury in high school nixed that. Shortly after graduation from Terry Parker High School (Jacksonville) in 2002, I joined the United States Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician. I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV from June 2002- June 2007. In 2007, I was moved from active duty to inactive reserves until June 2010. After I was moved from active to inactive, I came to visit my parents, Joel and Crystall Diersen who moved to Lanesboro after I graduated, before I headed back to Florida. I got here in the middle of the summer and enjoyed it, so I stuck around. I found a job with the Preston Servicemen's Club, thank you Bill, and made myself at home. I survived my first winter with two minor car accidents because of the snow and ice. Hey, I was learning.
I enjoy almost all sports immensely. I enjoy talking, reading, and writing about current sporting events. Local sports are new to me. In Florida, high school sports are not as celebrated as they are here. Part of me wishes I could have lived here during my high school days. It would have been different to say the least.
Aside from a few papers I have written at Rochester Community and Technical College, I have never had any formal training in this type of writing. I will tell you I enjoy it and am glad Jason is giving me the opportunity to be a member of this venture. I look forward to getting to know the fans of these columns and the local athletes I will be interviewing. If you have something regarding sports that you would like to know about, a comment about a previous column, or a local player you feel deserves recognition, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org