"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Tue, Dec 28th, 2010
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
As some of you may know, I am an implant to this area. I have been living in Lanesboro for about three years now. I was born in Panama City, Florida, and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have two kids, Justin 8 and Caleigh 5, who are my motivation to get up in the morning.
My lifelong dream was to pitch for the Chicago Cubs; an injury in high school nixed that. Shortly after graduation from Terry Parker High School (Jacksonville) in 2002, I joined the United States Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician. I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV from June 2002- June 2007. In 2007, I was moved from active duty to inactive reserves until June 2010. After I was moved from active to inactive, I came to visit my parents, Joel and Crystall Diersen who moved to Lanesboro after I graduated, before I headed back to Florida. I got here in the middle of the summer and enjoyed it, so I stuck around. I found a job with the Preston Servicemen's Club, thank you Bill, and made myself at home. I survived my first winter with two minor car accidents because of the snow and ice. Hey, I was learning.
I enjoy almost all sports immensely. I enjoy talking, reading, and writing about current sporting events. Local sports are new to me. In Florida, high school sports are not as celebrated as they are here. Part of me wishes I could have lived here during my high school days. It would have been different to say the least.
Aside from a few papers I have written at Rochester Community and Technical College, I have never had any formal training in this type of writing. I will tell you I enjoy it and am glad Jason is giving me the opportunity to be a member of this venture. I look forward to getting to know the fans of these columns and the local athletes I will be interviewing. If you have something regarding sports that you would like to know about, a comment about a previous column, or a local player you feel deserves recognition, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org