"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Tue, Dec 28th, 2010
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
As some of you may know, I am an implant to this area. I have been living in Lanesboro for about three years now. I was born in Panama City, Florida, and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have two kids, Justin 8 and Caleigh 5, who are my motivation to get up in the morning.
My lifelong dream was to pitch for the Chicago Cubs; an injury in high school nixed that. Shortly after graduation from Terry Parker High School (Jacksonville) in 2002, I joined the United States Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician. I was stationed in Las Vegas, NV from June 2002- June 2007. In 2007, I was moved from active duty to inactive reserves until June 2010. After I was moved from active to inactive, I came to visit my parents, Joel and Crystall Diersen who moved to Lanesboro after I graduated, before I headed back to Florida. I got here in the middle of the summer and enjoyed it, so I stuck around. I found a job with the Preston Servicemen's Club, thank you Bill, and made myself at home. I survived my first winter with two minor car accidents because of the snow and ice. Hey, I was learning.
I enjoy almost all sports immensely. I enjoy talking, reading, and writing about current sporting events. Local sports are new to me. In Florida, high school sports are not as celebrated as they are here. Part of me wishes I could have lived here during my high school days. It would have been different to say the least.
Aside from a few papers I have written at Rochester Community and Technical College, I have never had any formal training in this type of writing. I will tell you I enjoy it and am glad Jason is giving me the opportunity to be a member of this venture. I look forward to getting to know the fans of these columns and the local athletes I will be interviewing. If you have something regarding sports that you would like to know about, a comment about a previous column, or a local player you feel deserves recognition, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org