"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, June 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Do you text & drive?
Fri, Jan 14th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Through one month of games, the R-P boys had remained undefeated via a number of methods. Some games, they relied heavily on the 3-point shot. When those failed to drop, they were able to shoot lights-out from 2-point range or the free throw line. At all times, they looked to head coach Tom Vix for expert leadership. They even dodged a match-up with #1 ranked PEM because of a weather cancellation. Against 5-5 St. Charles, all conditions aligned to finally notch an L next to the Trojan name. R-P nailed 7 of 25 triples, but St. Charles made 8 of 14, a steamy 57 percent. Senior Saint guard Joseph Montgomery had 5 of those, and led St. Charles with 17 points. From two-point range, R-P shot 50 percent. St. Charles shot 56 percent. The Trojans were whistled for 24 fouls. The Saints were whistled for 8. That led to a lot more free throw opportunities for the home squad, 20 to 2, though the Saints only made 6. As if that weren't enough, St. Charles out-rebounded R-P 35-20. And after all that, the final score was still only 56-53. Nick Thompson scored 18. Ben Krambeer had 15. Trent Vix had 8 points, 5 assists, and 8 steals.