"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Mon, Jan 23rd, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
Now celebrating 15 years in business, Ib Gatzke, owner of Chic's Pizza, has many reasons to celebrate.
While many restaurants have come and gone in the City of Preston, Chic's Pizza has found a niche to attract a group of regulars who can't start their day without sharing coffee and conversation at her establishment.
It's amazing to me to see how many people are employed by every business in Fillmore County, big or small. When you navigate our annual Progress Edition, included with today's paper, you'll notice there are 11 employees working at Chic's Pizza. Wow! I think that's commendable, which confirms the importance of every restaurant located in our region. They are just as much a part of the economic development equation as any other type of business local EDA's hope to incubate in our communities.
And, something you won't find everywhere is the personal attention you receive when you eat at Chic's Pizza.
Ib, the owner, along with her employees, give you lively conversation and make your dining experience more than a meal.
While Chic's Pizza is known for offering a wide variety of pizzas (it's in their name, in case you missed it!), they actually have a huge selection of sandwiches, burgers, and even hot wings.
I often order the daily special, because it seems I can't go wrong with that decision. It's kind of like trusting my wife to make decisions for me. She's always right, and I'm OK with that. It makes my life easier -- just like ordering the Chic's Pizza daily special.
So, this last week, I ordered the daily special, which included a roast beef sandwich and a beautiful bowl of chicken wild rice soup.
Now, when I say this was a bowl, I mean this was a BOWL!
I did eventually find the bottom of the bowl, and unfortunately I had to go back to work after that. I nap would have been nice, but my co-workers seem to frown upon that.
If you are looking for a good homemade meal at a good price, you should definitely stop by Chic's Pizza in Preston. And, if you are one of those Facebook.com groupies, you can become a fan of Chic's Pizza, as well.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.