"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:18:20, Aug 4th 2015 - A Parent - What about the 4 kids that have fallen on the icy road already on the way ... [Read More]
- 5:27:13, Aug 4th 2015 - - Yup. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. and why pick Preston, why not ... [Read More]
- 7:36:35, Aug 3rd 2015 - Aspy - Talk about a council full of dumba**es! ... [Read More]
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
Mon, Jan 23rd, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
Now celebrating 15 years in business, Ib Gatzke, owner of Chic's Pizza, has many reasons to celebrate.
While many restaurants have come and gone in the City of Preston, Chic's Pizza has found a niche to attract a group of regulars who can't start their day without sharing coffee and conversation at her establishment.
It's amazing to me to see how many people are employed by every business in Fillmore County, big or small. When you navigate our annual Progress Edition, included with today's paper, you'll notice there are 11 employees working at Chic's Pizza. Wow! I think that's commendable, which confirms the importance of every restaurant located in our region. They are just as much a part of the economic development equation as any other type of business local EDA's hope to incubate in our communities.
And, something you won't find everywhere is the personal attention you receive when you eat at Chic's Pizza.
Ib, the owner, along with her employees, give you lively conversation and make your dining experience more than a meal.
While Chic's Pizza is known for offering a wide variety of pizzas (it's in their name, in case you missed it!), they actually have a huge selection of sandwiches, burgers, and even hot wings.
I often order the daily special, because it seems I can't go wrong with that decision. It's kind of like trusting my wife to make decisions for me. She's always right, and I'm OK with that. It makes my life easier -- just like ordering the Chic's Pizza daily special.
So, this last week, I ordered the daily special, which included a roast beef sandwich and a beautiful bowl of chicken wild rice soup.
Now, when I say this was a bowl, I mean this was a BOWL!
I did eventually find the bottom of the bowl, and unfortunately I had to go back to work after that. I nap would have been nice, but my co-workers seem to frown upon that.
If you are looking for a good homemade meal at a good price, you should definitely stop by Chic's Pizza in Preston. And, if you are one of those Facebook.com groupies, you can become a fan of Chic's Pizza, as well.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.