"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
- 10:03:19, Jul 20th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul and the song writer- forgot your spellcheck / the glaciers and ... [Read More]
- 8:42:34, Jul 19th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, Paul and livin' the dream. ... [Read More]
- 2:22:27, Jul 19th 2015 - Paul - I was once told and truly believe, "Never argue with an idiot. You can't win a ... [Read More]
Sun, Jan 23rd, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Rochester is one of the stops on the Tour de Forage, sponsored by the Southeast Minnesota Forage Council and MFA Winter Meeting and will feature keynote speakers Neal Martin and Paul Peterson. The event will be held at the UCR Heintz Center, Room HB 117, 1926 College View Rd SE, in Rochester on February 10.
Registration will start at 9:30 am with the program beginning at 10:00 am. The speakers and topics include: "Cover Crops Following Corn Silage & Soybean" Paul Porter, University of Minnesota; "What's New at the Dairy Forage Research Center?" Neal Martin, U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center; "Economics of Forage Handling" Chuck Schwartau, University of Minnesota Extension. Following lunch, "Alfalfa Yield & Persistence in Cropping Systems" Neal Martin; "Return on Investment of Your Forage System Fertilizer $$" Nick Schneider, University of Wisconsin Extension; and "Greener Grasses for Your Side of the Fence" Paul Peterson.
Registration in advance is $25 and at the door $30. Online registration is available at www.midwestforage.org or Midwest Forage Association, 4630 Churchill St., #1, St Paul MN 55126. Registration includes proceedings, meal, and presentations.