"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Sun, Jan 23rd, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Rochester is one of the stops on the Tour de Forage, sponsored by the Southeast Minnesota Forage Council and MFA Winter Meeting and will feature keynote speakers Neal Martin and Paul Peterson. The event will be held at the UCR Heintz Center, Room HB 117, 1926 College View Rd SE, in Rochester on February 10.
Registration will start at 9:30 am with the program beginning at 10:00 am. The speakers and topics include: "Cover Crops Following Corn Silage & Soybean" Paul Porter, University of Minnesota; "What's New at the Dairy Forage Research Center?" Neal Martin, U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center; "Economics of Forage Handling" Chuck Schwartau, University of Minnesota Extension. Following lunch, "Alfalfa Yield & Persistence in Cropping Systems" Neal Martin; "Return on Investment of Your Forage System Fertilizer $$" Nick Schneider, University of Wisconsin Extension; and "Greener Grasses for Your Side of the Fence" Paul Peterson.
Registration in advance is $25 and at the door $30. Online registration is available at www.midwestforage.org or Midwest Forage Association, 4630 Churchill St., #1, St Paul MN 55126. Registration includes proceedings, meal, and presentations.