"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Thu, Jan 26th, 2012
Posted in All Progress Edition
Posted in All Progress Edition
As we find ourselves driving on Highway 52 through Fountain and obeying the speed limit, we have time to notice Valley Design Enterprises on the east side of the highway. Some of us who are not in the know have probably asked ourselves what kind of business is that.
Valley Design promotes itself as the Partner at Your Table. Of course they are not talking about a dinner guest. This is a business that manufactures and designs innovative steel table legs for all kinds of tables.
Valley Design was established in 1986 by co-owners Tim Bremseth and Butch Isensee who were in sales and engineering. Together they built this powder coating and furniture component supplier company that now employs about 140 people and operates with 16 hour days. They manufacture and design products for about 400 customers in the United States and Canada. The five buildings house 100,000 square feet of space.
How did this business come to be in Fountain? The founders chose Fountain because they had a belief in the values and the work ethics of the people in the rural Midwest.
Valley Design manufactures steel table bases which are hand ground and polished before finishing. The business has grown through the years with a variety of coatings available, numerous accessories and the use of advanced technology including robotic welders, laser machinery, programmable sanders and inspection devices. Products are designed, machined, painted and packaged. The company is willing to take on both large and small projects.
Steel tubular table legs and foundations can be adjustable, some with electrical adjustable height mechanisms. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, colors, designs, some with folding mechanisms for efficient storage. Finishes may be plated, powder coated, dyecoated, or they can be made to appear to be granite, marble or wood.
Valley Design is "committed to promoting and contributing to a clean and safe environment." Waste is recycled, re-engineered, modified or disposed of in a safe manner. Over the years they have made improvements to reduce power usage and have reduced carbon dioxide emissions through reducing, recycling and reusing. The company has worked to limit their water discharge and the amount of solid waste which needs to be deposited in a landfill.
Their powder coating process produces fewer environmental issues than wet paint. Powder coating is the main finishing process and is both environmentally friendly and provides better durability.
For more information on Valley Design Enterprises visit their website at www.valleydesign.biz/