"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Thu, Jan 26th, 2012
Posted in All Progress Edition
Posted in All Progress Edition
As we find ourselves driving on Highway 52 through Fountain and obeying the speed limit, we have time to notice Valley Design Enterprises on the east side of the highway. Some of us who are not in the know have probably asked ourselves what kind of business is that.
Valley Design promotes itself as the Partner at Your Table. Of course they are not talking about a dinner guest. This is a business that manufactures and designs innovative steel table legs for all kinds of tables.
Valley Design was established in 1986 by co-owners Tim Bremseth and Butch Isensee who were in sales and engineering. Together they built this powder coating and furniture component supplier company that now employs about 140 people and operates with 16 hour days. They manufacture and design products for about 400 customers in the United States and Canada. The five buildings house 100,000 square feet of space.
How did this business come to be in Fountain? The founders chose Fountain because they had a belief in the values and the work ethics of the people in the rural Midwest.
Valley Design manufactures steel table bases which are hand ground and polished before finishing. The business has grown through the years with a variety of coatings available, numerous accessories and the use of advanced technology including robotic welders, laser machinery, programmable sanders and inspection devices. Products are designed, machined, painted and packaged. The company is willing to take on both large and small projects.
Steel tubular table legs and foundations can be adjustable, some with electrical adjustable height mechanisms. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, colors, designs, some with folding mechanisms for efficient storage. Finishes may be plated, powder coated, dyecoated, or they can be made to appear to be granite, marble or wood.
Valley Design is "committed to promoting and contributing to a clean and safe environment." Waste is recycled, re-engineered, modified or disposed of in a safe manner. Over the years they have made improvements to reduce power usage and have reduced carbon dioxide emissions through reducing, recycling and reusing. The company has worked to limit their water discharge and the amount of solid waste which needs to be deposited in a landfill.
Their powder coating process produces fewer environmental issues than wet paint. Powder coating is the main finishing process and is both environmentally friendly and provides better durability.
For more information on Valley Design Enterprises visit their website at www.valleydesign.biz/