"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Thu, Jan 26th, 2012
Posted in All Progress Edition
Posted in All Progress Edition
As we find ourselves driving on Highway 52 through Fountain and obeying the speed limit, we have time to notice Valley Design Enterprises on the east side of the highway. Some of us who are not in the know have probably asked ourselves what kind of business is that.
Valley Design promotes itself as the Partner at Your Table. Of course they are not talking about a dinner guest. This is a business that manufactures and designs innovative steel table legs for all kinds of tables.
Valley Design was established in 1986 by co-owners Tim Bremseth and Butch Isensee who were in sales and engineering. Together they built this powder coating and furniture component supplier company that now employs about 140 people and operates with 16 hour days. They manufacture and design products for about 400 customers in the United States and Canada. The five buildings house 100,000 square feet of space.
How did this business come to be in Fountain? The founders chose Fountain because they had a belief in the values and the work ethics of the people in the rural Midwest.
Valley Design manufactures steel table bases which are hand ground and polished before finishing. The business has grown through the years with a variety of coatings available, numerous accessories and the use of advanced technology including robotic welders, laser machinery, programmable sanders and inspection devices. Products are designed, machined, painted and packaged. The company is willing to take on both large and small projects.
Steel tubular table legs and foundations can be adjustable, some with electrical adjustable height mechanisms. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, colors, designs, some with folding mechanisms for efficient storage. Finishes may be plated, powder coated, dyecoated, or they can be made to appear to be granite, marble or wood.
Valley Design is "committed to promoting and contributing to a clean and safe environment." Waste is recycled, re-engineered, modified or disposed of in a safe manner. Over the years they have made improvements to reduce power usage and have reduced carbon dioxide emissions through reducing, recycling and reusing. The company has worked to limit their water discharge and the amount of solid waste which needs to be deposited in a landfill.
Their powder coating process produces fewer environmental issues than wet paint. Powder coating is the main finishing process and is both environmentally friendly and provides better durability.
For more information on Valley Design Enterprises visit their website at www.valleydesign.biz/