"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Thu, Jan 26th, 2012
Posted in All Progress Edition
Posted in All Progress Edition
As we find ourselves driving on Highway 52 through Fountain and obeying the speed limit, we have time to notice Valley Design Enterprises on the east side of the highway. Some of us who are not in the know have probably asked ourselves what kind of business is that.
Valley Design promotes itself as the Partner at Your Table. Of course they are not talking about a dinner guest. This is a business that manufactures and designs innovative steel table legs for all kinds of tables.
Valley Design was established in 1986 by co-owners Tim Bremseth and Butch Isensee who were in sales and engineering. Together they built this powder coating and furniture component supplier company that now employs about 140 people and operates with 16 hour days. They manufacture and design products for about 400 customers in the United States and Canada. The five buildings house 100,000 square feet of space.
How did this business come to be in Fountain? The founders chose Fountain because they had a belief in the values and the work ethics of the people in the rural Midwest.
Valley Design manufactures steel table bases which are hand ground and polished before finishing. The business has grown through the years with a variety of coatings available, numerous accessories and the use of advanced technology including robotic welders, laser machinery, programmable sanders and inspection devices. Products are designed, machined, painted and packaged. The company is willing to take on both large and small projects.
Steel tubular table legs and foundations can be adjustable, some with electrical adjustable height mechanisms. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, colors, designs, some with folding mechanisms for efficient storage. Finishes may be plated, powder coated, dyecoated, or they can be made to appear to be granite, marble or wood.
Valley Design is "committed to promoting and contributing to a clean and safe environment." Waste is recycled, re-engineered, modified or disposed of in a safe manner. Over the years they have made improvements to reduce power usage and have reduced carbon dioxide emissions through reducing, recycling and reusing. The company has worked to limit their water discharge and the amount of solid waste which needs to be deposited in a landfill.
Their powder coating process produces fewer environmental issues than wet paint. Powder coating is the main finishing process and is both environmentally friendly and provides better durability.
For more information on Valley Design Enterprises visit their website at www.valleydesign.biz/