"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
Sat, Jan 28th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
My wife and I decided to take the kids out for dinner at Old Tyme Cafe & Catering in Chatfield, seeking to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat special that runs from Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
This all-you-can-eat special offers steak, shrimp, fish and ribs. I selected the steak first, because I can never get enough meat in my diet. This steak was huge and cooked just the way I like it -- perfect I might add.
Then, I stabbed some shrimp on my plate and enjoyed every last bite.
Unfortunately, I was so full, I never did get a chance to indulge in the ribs and fish.
And, my brother-in-law, Jerry Enright, said the ribs are fantastic!
Well, I think we'll be making a trip back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering again, just so I can sink my taste buds into their famous ribs. For the Old Tyme Cafe & Catering, this is a good problem to have. Their all-you-can-eat special has something for everyone, so nobody walks away with an empty stomach.
And, something that is important for the livelihood of any business is how the employees treat the customers. Our waitress was so conscientious about making sure we had a positive dining experience. Since Old Tyme Cafe & Catering was hopping nearly every table full, our waitress along with others working at the restaurant had their hands full. But, they all did a fantastic job! I have never worked as a waiter, so I am always amazed at how much they juggle all at once, and somehow maintain their sanity -- with a smile!
And, we accidentally left our son's "to go" box on our table when we left the restaurant. The waitress came running out and flagged us down so we didn't leave it behind. That's going above and beyond. I think we've left a fair share of "to go" boxes behind at restaurants all over Southeast Minnesota, and that is the first time someone has chased us down to make sure we were taken care of. Thank you, to our waitress.
Employees are the greatest asset of any company, and I am guessing this waitress contributes to the many reasons people keep coming back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering.
If you're looking for great food and service, I'd suggest making a trip to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering. You won't be disappointed.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.