"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
- 3:43:26, Sep 6th 2014 - CBJapan - The article endorses my view here in Japan. My thought; http://conserva ... [Read More]
Sat, Jan 28th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
My wife and I decided to take the kids out for dinner at Old Tyme Cafe & Catering in Chatfield, seeking to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat special that runs from Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
This all-you-can-eat special offers steak, shrimp, fish and ribs. I selected the steak first, because I can never get enough meat in my diet. This steak was huge and cooked just the way I like it -- perfect I might add.
Then, I stabbed some shrimp on my plate and enjoyed every last bite.
Unfortunately, I was so full, I never did get a chance to indulge in the ribs and fish.
And, my brother-in-law, Jerry Enright, said the ribs are fantastic!
Well, I think we'll be making a trip back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering again, just so I can sink my taste buds into their famous ribs. For the Old Tyme Cafe & Catering, this is a good problem to have. Their all-you-can-eat special has something for everyone, so nobody walks away with an empty stomach.
And, something that is important for the livelihood of any business is how the employees treat the customers. Our waitress was so conscientious about making sure we had a positive dining experience. Since Old Tyme Cafe & Catering was hopping nearly every table full, our waitress along with others working at the restaurant had their hands full. But, they all did a fantastic job! I have never worked as a waiter, so I am always amazed at how much they juggle all at once, and somehow maintain their sanity -- with a smile!
And, we accidentally left our son's "to go" box on our table when we left the restaurant. The waitress came running out and flagged us down so we didn't leave it behind. That's going above and beyond. I think we've left a fair share of "to go" boxes behind at restaurants all over Southeast Minnesota, and that is the first time someone has chased us down to make sure we were taken care of. Thank you, to our waitress.
Employees are the greatest asset of any company, and I am guessing this waitress contributes to the many reasons people keep coming back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering.
If you're looking for great food and service, I'd suggest making a trip to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering. You won't be disappointed.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.