"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Sat, Jan 28th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
My wife and I decided to take the kids out for dinner at Old Tyme Cafe & Catering in Chatfield, seeking to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat special that runs from Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
This all-you-can-eat special offers steak, shrimp, fish and ribs. I selected the steak first, because I can never get enough meat in my diet. This steak was huge and cooked just the way I like it -- perfect I might add.
Then, I stabbed some shrimp on my plate and enjoyed every last bite.
Unfortunately, I was so full, I never did get a chance to indulge in the ribs and fish.
And, my brother-in-law, Jerry Enright, said the ribs are fantastic!
Well, I think we'll be making a trip back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering again, just so I can sink my taste buds into their famous ribs. For the Old Tyme Cafe & Catering, this is a good problem to have. Their all-you-can-eat special has something for everyone, so nobody walks away with an empty stomach.
And, something that is important for the livelihood of any business is how the employees treat the customers. Our waitress was so conscientious about making sure we had a positive dining experience. Since Old Tyme Cafe & Catering was hopping nearly every table full, our waitress along with others working at the restaurant had their hands full. But, they all did a fantastic job! I have never worked as a waiter, so I am always amazed at how much they juggle all at once, and somehow maintain their sanity -- with a smile!
And, we accidentally left our son's "to go" box on our table when we left the restaurant. The waitress came running out and flagged us down so we didn't leave it behind. That's going above and beyond. I think we've left a fair share of "to go" boxes behind at restaurants all over Southeast Minnesota, and that is the first time someone has chased us down to make sure we were taken care of. Thank you, to our waitress.
Employees are the greatest asset of any company, and I am guessing this waitress contributes to the many reasons people keep coming back to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering.
If you're looking for great food and service, I'd suggest making a trip to Old Tyme Cafe & Catering. You won't be disappointed.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.