"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
A Manure Value Workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd, at the Rushford Village Hall. The session will be from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Extension Educator Jose Hernandez will lead the workshops with assistance from the workshop organizers. This is a state-wide educational program where livestock and crop producers learn to estimate and maximize the value of their manure.
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to work with data from their own operation. Participants may bring their own laptop computer or one will be provided to use. Each participant will leave with a better understanding of the value of manure in their own unique situation and with tools and skills needed for future assessments.
The workshop agenda will include: explanation of factors that determine manure value, discussion of ways to maximize manure value, demonstration of the "What is Manure Worth?" spreadsheet, and hands-on use of the computer spreadsheet or paper worksheet to analyze situations relevant to participants' own operations with assistance from presenters and organizers as needed. Each participant receives the spreadsheet and other resources for continued use in their manure management decisions.
Rushford Village Hall is located at 43038 State Highway 30, Rushford Village, approximately two miles west of Rushford.
Pre-registration is required, due to the limit of 15 people per site. Please RSVP by February 24, 2011. Contact: Dawn Bernau, Fillmore SWCD, (507)765-3878 Ext. 3 to register.