"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
A Manure Value Workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd, at the Rushford Village Hall. The session will be from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Extension Educator Jose Hernandez will lead the workshops with assistance from the workshop organizers. This is a state-wide educational program where livestock and crop producers learn to estimate and maximize the value of their manure.
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to work with data from their own operation. Participants may bring their own laptop computer or one will be provided to use. Each participant will leave with a better understanding of the value of manure in their own unique situation and with tools and skills needed for future assessments.
The workshop agenda will include: explanation of factors that determine manure value, discussion of ways to maximize manure value, demonstration of the "What is Manure Worth?" spreadsheet, and hands-on use of the computer spreadsheet or paper worksheet to analyze situations relevant to participants' own operations with assistance from presenters and organizers as needed. Each participant receives the spreadsheet and other resources for continued use in their manure management decisions.
Rushford Village Hall is located at 43038 State Highway 30, Rushford Village, approximately two miles west of Rushford.
Pre-registration is required, due to the limit of 15 people per site. Please RSVP by February 24, 2011. Contact: Dawn Bernau, Fillmore SWCD, (507)765-3878 Ext. 3 to register.