"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
A Manure Value Workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd, at the Rushford Village Hall. The session will be from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Extension Educator Jose Hernandez will lead the workshops with assistance from the workshop organizers. This is a state-wide educational program where livestock and crop producers learn to estimate and maximize the value of their manure.
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to work with data from their own operation. Participants may bring their own laptop computer or one will be provided to use. Each participant will leave with a better understanding of the value of manure in their own unique situation and with tools and skills needed for future assessments.
The workshop agenda will include: explanation of factors that determine manure value, discussion of ways to maximize manure value, demonstration of the "What is Manure Worth?" spreadsheet, and hands-on use of the computer spreadsheet or paper worksheet to analyze situations relevant to participants' own operations with assistance from presenters and organizers as needed. Each participant receives the spreadsheet and other resources for continued use in their manure management decisions.
Rushford Village Hall is located at 43038 State Highway 30, Rushford Village, approximately two miles west of Rushford.
Pre-registration is required, due to the limit of 15 people per site. Please RSVP by February 24, 2011. Contact: Dawn Bernau, Fillmore SWCD, (507)765-3878 Ext. 3 to register.