"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
A Manure Value Workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd, at the Rushford Village Hall. The session will be from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Extension Educator Jose Hernandez will lead the workshops with assistance from the workshop organizers. This is a state-wide educational program where livestock and crop producers learn to estimate and maximize the value of their manure.
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to work with data from their own operation. Participants may bring their own laptop computer or one will be provided to use. Each participant will leave with a better understanding of the value of manure in their own unique situation and with tools and skills needed for future assessments.
The workshop agenda will include: explanation of factors that determine manure value, discussion of ways to maximize manure value, demonstration of the "What is Manure Worth?" spreadsheet, and hands-on use of the computer spreadsheet or paper worksheet to analyze situations relevant to participants' own operations with assistance from presenters and organizers as needed. Each participant receives the spreadsheet and other resources for continued use in their manure management decisions.
Rushford Village Hall is located at 43038 State Highway 30, Rushford Village, approximately two miles west of Rushford.
Pre-registration is required, due to the limit of 15 people per site. Please RSVP by February 24, 2011. Contact: Dawn Bernau, Fillmore SWCD, (507)765-3878 Ext. 3 to register.