"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
A Manure Value Workshop has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd, at the Rushford Village Hall. The session will be from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Extension Educator Jose Hernandez will lead the workshops with assistance from the workshop organizers. This is a state-wide educational program where livestock and crop producers learn to estimate and maximize the value of their manure.
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to work with data from their own operation. Participants may bring their own laptop computer or one will be provided to use. Each participant will leave with a better understanding of the value of manure in their own unique situation and with tools and skills needed for future assessments.
The workshop agenda will include: explanation of factors that determine manure value, discussion of ways to maximize manure value, demonstration of the "What is Manure Worth?" spreadsheet, and hands-on use of the computer spreadsheet or paper worksheet to analyze situations relevant to participants' own operations with assistance from presenters and organizers as needed. Each participant receives the spreadsheet and other resources for continued use in their manure management decisions.
Rushford Village Hall is located at 43038 State Highway 30, Rushford Village, approximately two miles west of Rushford.
Pre-registration is required, due to the limit of 15 people per site. Please RSVP by February 24, 2011. Contact: Dawn Bernau, Fillmore SWCD, (507)765-3878 Ext. 3 to register.