"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 4th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
A family favorite in our household is definitely the Branding Iron in Preston. I would say there are a handful of restaurants that have a following like the Branding Iron Supper Club.
As a matter of fact, every time I get the opportunity to dine at the Branding Iron, I meet up with people near and far.
I know when my uncle Earl comes back to Preston on vacation, he always makes a reservation at the Branding Iron. It's literally one of his favorite places to eat.
Of course, the view is one of a kind -- priceless you might say. And the food is always outstanding, along with hosts, wait staff and chefs.
There are few restaurants where you can see the chef working on your masterpiece right in front of you with their highly visible cooking station.
Yes, the Branding Iron is in a league of it's own.
Interestingly, while the Branding Iron is known for excellent fish, steaks, burgers and desserts, our daughter loves their hard-boiled eggs in the salad bar. I've told owner Steve Bahl a number of times, he must have the best hard-boiled eggs in town, because every time we start climbing the enormous hill to the Branding Iron, our daughter starts talking about those eggs. And our son, well he eats almost anything.
Along with their fresh and delicious salad bar, they always offer a soup -- different every time I dine.
If I don't overwhelm myself with too much of the main course, I'll even have room for dessert; maybe something healthy like cheesecake!!
And, the history of the Branding Iron is storied with a long list of loyal employees, such as Mary Munz -- who retired her tray after waitressing for the Branding Iron for 38 years. Personally, I think that's remarkable and makes a statement about how important the Branding Iron is to people in the Preston area.
If you are planning your next dining experience or you're simply curious about what's on the menu at the Branding Iron Supper Club, you can visit them at www.brandingironmn.com.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.