"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 4th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
A family favorite in our household is definitely the Branding Iron in Preston. I would say there are a handful of restaurants that have a following like the Branding Iron Supper Club.
As a matter of fact, every time I get the opportunity to dine at the Branding Iron, I meet up with people near and far.
I know when my uncle Earl comes back to Preston on vacation, he always makes a reservation at the Branding Iron. It's literally one of his favorite places to eat.
Of course, the view is one of a kind -- priceless you might say. And the food is always outstanding, along with hosts, wait staff and chefs.
There are few restaurants where you can see the chef working on your masterpiece right in front of you with their highly visible cooking station.
Yes, the Branding Iron is in a league of it's own.
Interestingly, while the Branding Iron is known for excellent fish, steaks, burgers and desserts, our daughter loves their hard-boiled eggs in the salad bar. I've told owner Steve Bahl a number of times, he must have the best hard-boiled eggs in town, because every time we start climbing the enormous hill to the Branding Iron, our daughter starts talking about those eggs. And our son, well he eats almost anything.
Along with their fresh and delicious salad bar, they always offer a soup -- different every time I dine.
If I don't overwhelm myself with too much of the main course, I'll even have room for dessert; maybe something healthy like cheesecake!!
And, the history of the Branding Iron is storied with a long list of loyal employees, such as Mary Munz -- who retired her tray after waitressing for the Branding Iron for 38 years. Personally, I think that's remarkable and makes a statement about how important the Branding Iron is to people in the Preston area.
If you are planning your next dining experience or you're simply curious about what's on the menu at the Branding Iron Supper Club, you can visit them at www.brandingironmn.com.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.