"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:11:02, May 27th 2015 - SmartMoney - So, when companies that sell "milk, or a TV, or whatever," also increas ... [Read More]
- 2:38:02, May 27th 2015 - sv80 - Mr. Wentworth: What would happen if I decided to drive a large-tracked caterp ... [Read More]
- 1:51:51, May 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- didn't I read somewhere that we as a people came to this land ... [Read More]
- 1:43:11, May 27th 2015 - What? - "Stricter gun regulation will not stop crime, but it will reduce it" Ya, t ... [Read More]
- 10:53:16, May 27th 2015 - LOLZ - Well sv80, that's what separates the clock punchers from the people that thin ... [Read More]
- 10:50:46, May 27th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Time for all of the goldbrickers to get back to work. You know wh ... [Read More]
- 8:27:56, May 27th 2015 - sv80 - The US has the highest gun/crime rate of any highly advanced first world count ... [Read More]
- 6:25:36, May 27th 2015 - waytogo - You r so right kim. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I sat my g ... [Read More]
- 8:54:34, May 26th 2015 - sv80 - To Hawkeye and Wentworth The fact that you resort to sarcasm, ridicule, and ... [Read More]
- 1:50:35, May 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- my response to the above article pretty much addresses the iss ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 4th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
A family favorite in our household is definitely the Branding Iron in Preston. I would say there are a handful of restaurants that have a following like the Branding Iron Supper Club.
As a matter of fact, every time I get the opportunity to dine at the Branding Iron, I meet up with people near and far.
I know when my uncle Earl comes back to Preston on vacation, he always makes a reservation at the Branding Iron. It's literally one of his favorite places to eat.
Of course, the view is one of a kind -- priceless you might say. And the food is always outstanding, along with hosts, wait staff and chefs.
There are few restaurants where you can see the chef working on your masterpiece right in front of you with their highly visible cooking station.
Yes, the Branding Iron is in a league of it's own.
Interestingly, while the Branding Iron is known for excellent fish, steaks, burgers and desserts, our daughter loves their hard-boiled eggs in the salad bar. I've told owner Steve Bahl a number of times, he must have the best hard-boiled eggs in town, because every time we start climbing the enormous hill to the Branding Iron, our daughter starts talking about those eggs. And our son, well he eats almost anything.
Along with their fresh and delicious salad bar, they always offer a soup -- different every time I dine.
If I don't overwhelm myself with too much of the main course, I'll even have room for dessert; maybe something healthy like cheesecake!!
And, the history of the Branding Iron is storied with a long list of loyal employees, such as Mary Munz -- who retired her tray after waitressing for the Branding Iron for 38 years. Personally, I think that's remarkable and makes a statement about how important the Branding Iron is to people in the Preston area.
If you are planning your next dining experience or you're simply curious about what's on the menu at the Branding Iron Supper Club, you can visit them at www.brandingironmn.com.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.