"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Are the Minnesota Vikings going to have a better record than year compared to last year?
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The 4-11 Chatfield Gopher boys almost snared the 11-4 R-P Trojans. For a large portion of the game, Tom Bance's squad led. They jumped out 10-2. They led 22-14 at the half. After an Erik Hilgren bucket roughly midway through the second half, they led 25-18. At that point, they weren't only leading, but holding Nick Thompson, who scored 28 on them in an earlier contest, to nada. But a couple specific things combined to spell Chatfield's demise, turnovers and R-P's ability to score-in-bunches. After missing 11 of their first 12 shots, and looking at that 10-2 deficit, R-P made four straight baskets to pull to within one (13-12). When looking at a 25-18 deficit, R-P made three straight buckets including two 3's by Trent Vix to pull to within one again (27-26). They took their first lead on another Vix bomb moments later. From roughly 4:30 to 1:30, the Trojans converted on four of five possessions. It equated to a 10-1 run that propelled R-P ahead 41-30. Hilgren's basket turned out to be Chatfield's last from the field; the Gophers subsequently amassed nine turnovers (22 for the game) and missed their last ten shots from the floor. Chatfield scored a season low in points and R-P walked away with a 44-31 win. Trent Vix was the Trojan horse. He scored 18 of his 20 points in the second half. No other scorer from either team reached double figures, though Chatfield's Tyler Lund just missed a double double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.