"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The 4-11 Chatfield Gopher boys almost snared the 11-4 R-P Trojans. For a large portion of the game, Tom Bance's squad led. They jumped out 10-2. They led 22-14 at the half. After an Erik Hilgren bucket roughly midway through the second half, they led 25-18. At that point, they weren't only leading, but holding Nick Thompson, who scored 28 on them in an earlier contest, to nada. But a couple specific things combined to spell Chatfield's demise, turnovers and R-P's ability to score-in-bunches. After missing 11 of their first 12 shots, and looking at that 10-2 deficit, R-P made four straight baskets to pull to within one (13-12). When looking at a 25-18 deficit, R-P made three straight buckets including two 3's by Trent Vix to pull to within one again (27-26). They took their first lead on another Vix bomb moments later. From roughly 4:30 to 1:30, the Trojans converted on four of five possessions. It equated to a 10-1 run that propelled R-P ahead 41-30. Hilgren's basket turned out to be Chatfield's last from the field; the Gophers subsequently amassed nine turnovers (22 for the game) and missed their last ten shots from the floor. Chatfield scored a season low in points and R-P walked away with a 44-31 win. Trent Vix was the Trojan horse. He scored 18 of his 20 points in the second half. No other scorer from either team reached double figures, though Chatfield's Tyler Lund just missed a double double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.