"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Are the Minnesota Vikings going to have a better record than year compared to last year?
Fri, Feb 4th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The final tally of the Chatfield/GMLOK wrestling dual was somewhat misleading. Just like with area basketball, where certain squads have very low numbers, GMLOK only sent five wrestlers into the fray against the Gophers. They sent out the same guys they've been sending out most of the season. At 103, two 8th graders did battle, and then some. It took overtime for Hank Friederichs (CHAT) to defeat Blake Olson (GMLOK) 8-3. Seven forfeited matches later (all in Chatfield's favor), GMLOK sophomore Lucas Roe pinned Chatfield freshman Cody Bly at 152. Eighth grader Wyatt Richardson made it two straight for GMLOK with 5-3 win over senior Aaron Pagel. At 171, sophomore Perry Stejskal made the actual match score 3-1 in GMLOK's favor with a 12-3 majority decision. Chatfield would get two forfeits in the last three weights, but GMLOK senior Carter Brandt secured GMLOK a fourth match victory with a pin at 215. And thus, GMLOK went 4-1 in matches, but lost the meet 57-19! The good news for GMLOK, this was the last meet without standout 135-pounder Noah Schlee and senior heavyweight Scott Wilson. Each wrestled the following Thursday in Adams.