"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Feb 18th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Braden Hanson has been Lanesboro's most potent scorer this season. Through thirty minutes of action versus conference foe Houston, he was solid, but discreet with 10 points. With his team trailing 56-45, and with second place in the conference up for grabs, Hanson turned into a one-man basket-making machine. Over the final six minutes, he pumped in 18 points including scores on 5 of 6 possessions! In conjunction with an array of missed Houston foul shots (13), Hanson nearly brought his team back from the brink of defeat...nearly. Lanesboro's foul-and-score philosophy ran out of luck and time. With 28 seconds, Houston's Josh Vix sank two freebies to give his team a 5-point lead. Ten seconds later, the Burros turned the ball over and then Hanson fouled out. That was all she wrote. Houston prevailed 71-66 to take back second place in the SEC. They ended Lanesboro's winning streak at seven. The most important segment of the game came in the first half, when (trailing 12-9) the Hurricanes went on a 15-2 run to take a 10-point lead. From there, Lanesboro's outside shooting (4 of 27 from distance) and defense (the Hurricanes shot 50% from the field) spelled their demise. Houston meanwhile made 8 of 12 three's. Stats were aplenty, as each team used a short bench. Hanson led everyone with 28. That included 9 of 16 shooting and 10 of 11 from the line. He also secured 11 rebounds. Cory Strom added 14 and Lucas Johnson 11 for the Burros. Cody Lange supplied the Hurricanes offensive punch in the first half with all of his 16 points. Connor Caruso led the team in scoring for the game with 24 (including 4 triples). Josh Vix added 13.