"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Feb 18th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Braden Hanson has been Lanesboro's most potent scorer this season. Through thirty minutes of action versus conference foe Houston, he was solid, but discreet with 10 points. With his team trailing 56-45, and with second place in the conference up for grabs, Hanson turned into a one-man basket-making machine. Over the final six minutes, he pumped in 18 points including scores on 5 of 6 possessions! In conjunction with an array of missed Houston foul shots (13), Hanson nearly brought his team back from the brink of defeat...nearly. Lanesboro's foul-and-score philosophy ran out of luck and time. With 28 seconds, Houston's Josh Vix sank two freebies to give his team a 5-point lead. Ten seconds later, the Burros turned the ball over and then Hanson fouled out. That was all she wrote. Houston prevailed 71-66 to take back second place in the SEC. They ended Lanesboro's winning streak at seven. The most important segment of the game came in the first half, when (trailing 12-9) the Hurricanes went on a 15-2 run to take a 10-point lead. From there, Lanesboro's outside shooting (4 of 27 from distance) and defense (the Hurricanes shot 50% from the field) spelled their demise. Houston meanwhile made 8 of 12 three's. Stats were aplenty, as each team used a short bench. Hanson led everyone with 28. That included 9 of 16 shooting and 10 of 11 from the line. He also secured 11 rebounds. Cory Strom added 14 and Lucas Johnson 11 for the Burros. Cody Lange supplied the Hurricanes offensive punch in the first half with all of his 16 points. Connor Caruso led the team in scoring for the game with 24 (including 4 triples). Josh Vix added 13.