"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 25th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
This past Wednesday, I visited with a great friend and co-worker, Peggi Redalen of Rushford, at one of my favorite places in that direction -- The Creamery.
I'll never forget the first time I ate at The Creamery in Rushford. Former Journal owner, John Torgrimson, brought me as a guest to the Minnesota Twins Tour event held at The Creamery over two years ago.
Since that first visit, I've been hooked on The Creamery.
There are so many things going for The Creamery, I don't know where to begin.
They sell Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream and highly acclaimed pizzas, along with a menu full of outstanding options. There's a relaxing fireplace in the dining room and they are connected to Nordic Lanes, for those who are thinking about having a family gathering or business function in Rushford.
The owners of The Creamery and Nordic Lanes, a husband and wife team --Jim and Deb Kitchens -- have created something pretty special in Rushford; dining and recreation for locals and tourists in a historic building.
For this particular visit, I ordered the daily special, spaghetti with sauce and garlic bread.
This daily special definitely hit the spot. And, while I should have passed on dessert, because I was already pretty full, I went for the gusto. I ordered up the Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake. How could I pass on something with a name like that?
I was not disappointed by any means. This was a work of art, and I consumed it like some edible version of the famed Mona Lisa painting.
It was another great meal at The Creamery. A great atmosphere, friendly employees, and outstanding food is why I keep coming back to this place.
If you want more information about The Creamery or Nordic Lanes, you can visit their website at www.the-creamery.com. Or, you can call 507-864-7214.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.