"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 25th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
This past Wednesday, I visited with a great friend and co-worker, Peggi Redalen of Rushford, at one of my favorite places in that direction -- The Creamery.
I'll never forget the first time I ate at The Creamery in Rushford. Former Journal owner, John Torgrimson, brought me as a guest to the Minnesota Twins Tour event held at The Creamery over two years ago.
Since that first visit, I've been hooked on The Creamery.
There are so many things going for The Creamery, I don't know where to begin.
They sell Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream and highly acclaimed pizzas, along with a menu full of outstanding options. There's a relaxing fireplace in the dining room and they are connected to Nordic Lanes, for those who are thinking about having a family gathering or business function in Rushford.
The owners of The Creamery and Nordic Lanes, a husband and wife team --Jim and Deb Kitchens -- have created something pretty special in Rushford; dining and recreation for locals and tourists in a historic building.
For this particular visit, I ordered the daily special, spaghetti with sauce and garlic bread.
This daily special definitely hit the spot. And, while I should have passed on dessert, because I was already pretty full, I went for the gusto. I ordered up the Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake. How could I pass on something with a name like that?
I was not disappointed by any means. This was a work of art, and I consumed it like some edible version of the famed Mona Lisa painting.
It was another great meal at The Creamery. A great atmosphere, friendly employees, and outstanding food is why I keep coming back to this place.
If you want more information about The Creamery or Nordic Lanes, you can visit their website at www.the-creamery.com. Or, you can call 507-864-7214.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.