"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
- 6:10:02, Aug 14th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - So you're accusing me of robbing the due credit from God? I ... [Read More]
- 10:35:00, Aug 12th 2016 - VikeFan 1 - Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one, "left luvr." Whoever heard of using "fa ... [Read More]
- 10:00:45, Aug 12th 2016 - dump the chump - Funny how the ones who talk the most know the least. ... [Read More]
- 7:39:53, Aug 11th 2016 - left luvr - @ sv85 Are you totally incapable of independent thought ? All you do is ... [Read More]
Sat, Feb 25th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
This past Wednesday, I visited with a great friend and co-worker, Peggi Redalen of Rushford, at one of my favorite places in that direction -- The Creamery.
I'll never forget the first time I ate at The Creamery in Rushford. Former Journal owner, John Torgrimson, brought me as a guest to the Minnesota Twins Tour event held at The Creamery over two years ago.
Since that first visit, I've been hooked on The Creamery.
There are so many things going for The Creamery, I don't know where to begin.
They sell Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream and highly acclaimed pizzas, along with a menu full of outstanding options. There's a relaxing fireplace in the dining room and they are connected to Nordic Lanes, for those who are thinking about having a family gathering or business function in Rushford.
The owners of The Creamery and Nordic Lanes, a husband and wife team --Jim and Deb Kitchens -- have created something pretty special in Rushford; dining and recreation for locals and tourists in a historic building.
For this particular visit, I ordered the daily special, spaghetti with sauce and garlic bread.
This daily special definitely hit the spot. And, while I should have passed on dessert, because I was already pretty full, I went for the gusto. I ordered up the Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake. How could I pass on something with a name like that?
I was not disappointed by any means. This was a work of art, and I consumed it like some edible version of the famed Mona Lisa painting.
It was another great meal at The Creamery. A great atmosphere, friendly employees, and outstanding food is why I keep coming back to this place.
If you want more information about The Creamery or Nordic Lanes, you can visit their website at www.the-creamery.com. Or, you can call 507-864-7214.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.