"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:59:03, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - A couple of things if I may. The first paragraph states that if ... [Read More]
- 10:35:10, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @future- not sure what polls you refer to, some polls actually show ... [Read More]
- 9:22:11, Aug 25th 2016 - future - "Both, party officials and "former" establishment members, republicans, were ... [Read More]
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 25th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Caledonia Area Community Education and Houston County Master Gardeners would like to invite all current or interested gardeners to attend the first ever "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop on April 2, 2011. The day is centered on growing and enjoying plants in an environmentally conscious way. You will have a wonderful opportunity to seek out new gardening information and network with both novice and expert gardeners. We hope that you will be able to participate with us so that you can either obtain or maintain your green thumb.
The "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop begins with registration at 8:00 AM with events running until 2:45 PM. It will take place at the Caledonia Middle and High School, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN. There are three categories of registration. March 15, 2011: Early Registration/Meal Provided; March 25, 2011: Late Registration/Meal Provided; and April 2, 2011: Onsite Registration /Meal Not Provided.
Registration by March 25, 2011 entitles you to: participation in both keynote addresses and your choice of three breakout sessions, all workshop materials, vendor display access, and lunch. If you register after March 25, 2011 or on the day of the workshop, lunch will not be available. All registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry, no refunds will be available.
The Caledonia Middle and High School is a state of the art Energy Star facility with great access to parking. Driving directions are as follows: From the north, take HWY 44 to
Caledonia where you will turn right on Esch Drive. From the south, take HWY 44 into Caledonia where you will turn left on Esch Drive. Turn right on North Warrior Avenue to access the school parking lot.
Questions concerning the workshop, registration, or payments may be directed to: Caledonia Area Community Education, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921' 507-725-5139, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We encourage you to participate in a silent auction of various garden-related items. The silent auction will be held from 8:30 AM until 1:40 PM. Winners will be announced during the wrap-up from 2:40 PM to 2:45 PM. Funds from the silent auction will be utilized to provide future gardening workshop opportunities such as this one.
Vendors will be on hand all day to share information and sell products related to gardening, landscaping, bird watching, etc. Interested vendors should contact Mary Zaffke at 507-498-5823 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary arrangements.
The morning keynote is: Green, Green, Grass of Home "Designing with Ornamental Grasses and Perennials" with Mark Swart. The afternoon keynote: All Thumbs or Green Thumbs "Selecting and Growing Peonies in Your Garden" with Harvey Buchite.
Breakout topics include: "Shrubs and Trees for the Four Seasons," Bruce Odeen; "New and Exciting Perennials for Zone Four," Mark Swart; "Hostas 101," Cindy Tomashek; "Cooking with Fresh Herbs," Linda Lind; "Get the Dirt on Organic Gardening," Brenda Pohlman; "Square Foot Vegetable Gardening," Mary Thompson; "Bringing Migrating Birds to Your Backyard," Stephanie Fry & Karen Perry; "Hostas: Tried and True to Wow That's New," Cindy Tomashek; and "Daylily 101," Allan Weinand.
For a complete description of topics and speakers and to receive the brochure contact the Caledonia Area Community Education, 507-725-5139, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or the "Growing Green Gardening Workshop Planning Committee" of Brenda Pohlman, Nancy Runningen, Mary Thompson, and Mary Zaffke.