"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 25th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Caledonia Area Community Education and Houston County Master Gardeners would like to invite all current or interested gardeners to attend the first ever "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop on April 2, 2011. The day is centered on growing and enjoying plants in an environmentally conscious way. You will have a wonderful opportunity to seek out new gardening information and network with both novice and expert gardeners. We hope that you will be able to participate with us so that you can either obtain or maintain your green thumb.
The "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop begins with registration at 8:00 AM with events running until 2:45 PM. It will take place at the Caledonia Middle and High School, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN. There are three categories of registration. March 15, 2011: Early Registration/Meal Provided; March 25, 2011: Late Registration/Meal Provided; and April 2, 2011: Onsite Registration /Meal Not Provided.
Registration by March 25, 2011 entitles you to: participation in both keynote addresses and your choice of three breakout sessions, all workshop materials, vendor display access, and lunch. If you register after March 25, 2011 or on the day of the workshop, lunch will not be available. All registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry, no refunds will be available.
The Caledonia Middle and High School is a state of the art Energy Star facility with great access to parking. Driving directions are as follows: From the north, take HWY 44 to
Caledonia where you will turn right on Esch Drive. From the south, take HWY 44 into Caledonia where you will turn left on Esch Drive. Turn right on North Warrior Avenue to access the school parking lot.
Questions concerning the workshop, registration, or payments may be directed to: Caledonia Area Community Education, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921' 507-725-5139, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to participate in a silent auction of various garden-related items. The silent auction will be held from 8:30 AM until 1:40 PM. Winners will be announced during the wrap-up from 2:40 PM to 2:45 PM. Funds from the silent auction will be utilized to provide future gardening workshop opportunities such as this one.
Vendors will be on hand all day to share information and sell products related to gardening, landscaping, bird watching, etc. Interested vendors should contact Mary Zaffke at 507-498-5823 or via e-mail at email@example.com to make the necessary arrangements.
The morning keynote is: Green, Green, Grass of Home "Designing with Ornamental Grasses and Perennials" with Mark Swart. The afternoon keynote: All Thumbs or Green Thumbs "Selecting and Growing Peonies in Your Garden" with Harvey Buchite.
Breakout topics include: "Shrubs and Trees for the Four Seasons," Bruce Odeen; "New and Exciting Perennials for Zone Four," Mark Swart; "Hostas 101," Cindy Tomashek; "Cooking with Fresh Herbs," Linda Lind; "Get the Dirt on Organic Gardening," Brenda Pohlman; "Square Foot Vegetable Gardening," Mary Thompson; "Bringing Migrating Birds to Your Backyard," Stephanie Fry & Karen Perry; "Hostas: Tried and True to Wow That's New," Cindy Tomashek; and "Daylily 101," Allan Weinand.
For a complete description of topics and speakers and to receive the brochure contact the Caledonia Area Community Education, 507-725-5139, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or the "Growing Green Gardening Workshop Planning Committee" of Brenda Pohlman, Nancy Runningen, Mary Thompson, and Mary Zaffke.