"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 25th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Caledonia Area Community Education and Houston County Master Gardeners would like to invite all current or interested gardeners to attend the first ever "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop on April 2, 2011. The day is centered on growing and enjoying plants in an environmentally conscious way. You will have a wonderful opportunity to seek out new gardening information and network with both novice and expert gardeners. We hope that you will be able to participate with us so that you can either obtain or maintain your green thumb.
The "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop begins with registration at 8:00 AM with events running until 2:45 PM. It will take place at the Caledonia Middle and High School, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN. There are three categories of registration. March 15, 2011: Early Registration/Meal Provided; March 25, 2011: Late Registration/Meal Provided; and April 2, 2011: Onsite Registration /Meal Not Provided.
Registration by March 25, 2011 entitles you to: participation in both keynote addresses and your choice of three breakout sessions, all workshop materials, vendor display access, and lunch. If you register after March 25, 2011 or on the day of the workshop, lunch will not be available. All registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry, no refunds will be available.
The Caledonia Middle and High School is a state of the art Energy Star facility with great access to parking. Driving directions are as follows: From the north, take HWY 44 to
Caledonia where you will turn right on Esch Drive. From the south, take HWY 44 into Caledonia where you will turn left on Esch Drive. Turn right on North Warrior Avenue to access the school parking lot.
Questions concerning the workshop, registration, or payments may be directed to: Caledonia Area Community Education, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921' 507-725-5139, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We encourage you to participate in a silent auction of various garden-related items. The silent auction will be held from 8:30 AM until 1:40 PM. Winners will be announced during the wrap-up from 2:40 PM to 2:45 PM. Funds from the silent auction will be utilized to provide future gardening workshop opportunities such as this one.
Vendors will be on hand all day to share information and sell products related to gardening, landscaping, bird watching, etc. Interested vendors should contact Mary Zaffke at 507-498-5823 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary arrangements.
The morning keynote is: Green, Green, Grass of Home "Designing with Ornamental Grasses and Perennials" with Mark Swart. The afternoon keynote: All Thumbs or Green Thumbs "Selecting and Growing Peonies in Your Garden" with Harvey Buchite.
Breakout topics include: "Shrubs and Trees for the Four Seasons," Bruce Odeen; "New and Exciting Perennials for Zone Four," Mark Swart; "Hostas 101," Cindy Tomashek; "Cooking with Fresh Herbs," Linda Lind; "Get the Dirt on Organic Gardening," Brenda Pohlman; "Square Foot Vegetable Gardening," Mary Thompson; "Bringing Migrating Birds to Your Backyard," Stephanie Fry & Karen Perry; "Hostas: Tried and True to Wow That's New," Cindy Tomashek; and "Daylily 101," Allan Weinand.
For a complete description of topics and speakers and to receive the brochure contact the Caledonia Area Community Education, 507-725-5139, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or the "Growing Green Gardening Workshop Planning Committee" of Brenda Pohlman, Nancy Runningen, Mary Thompson, and Mary Zaffke.