"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 25th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Caledonia Area Community Education and Houston County Master Gardeners would like to invite all current or interested gardeners to attend the first ever "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop on April 2, 2011. The day is centered on growing and enjoying plants in an environmentally conscious way. You will have a wonderful opportunity to seek out new gardening information and network with both novice and expert gardeners. We hope that you will be able to participate with us so that you can either obtain or maintain your green thumb.
The "Growing Green" Gardening Workshop begins with registration at 8:00 AM with events running until 2:45 PM. It will take place at the Caledonia Middle and High School, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN. There are three categories of registration. March 15, 2011: Early Registration/Meal Provided; March 25, 2011: Late Registration/Meal Provided; and April 2, 2011: Onsite Registration /Meal Not Provided.
Registration by March 25, 2011 entitles you to: participation in both keynote addresses and your choice of three breakout sessions, all workshop materials, vendor display access, and lunch. If you register after March 25, 2011 or on the day of the workshop, lunch will not be available. All registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry, no refunds will be available.
The Caledonia Middle and High School is a state of the art Energy Star facility with great access to parking. Driving directions are as follows: From the north, take HWY 44 to
Caledonia where you will turn right on Esch Drive. From the south, take HWY 44 into Caledonia where you will turn left on Esch Drive. Turn right on North Warrior Avenue to access the school parking lot.
Questions concerning the workshop, registration, or payments may be directed to: Caledonia Area Community Education, 825 North Warrior Avenue, Caledonia, MN 55921' 507-725-5139, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to participate in a silent auction of various garden-related items. The silent auction will be held from 8:30 AM until 1:40 PM. Winners will be announced during the wrap-up from 2:40 PM to 2:45 PM. Funds from the silent auction will be utilized to provide future gardening workshop opportunities such as this one.
Vendors will be on hand all day to share information and sell products related to gardening, landscaping, bird watching, etc. Interested vendors should contact Mary Zaffke at 507-498-5823 or via e-mail at email@example.com to make the necessary arrangements.
The morning keynote is: Green, Green, Grass of Home "Designing with Ornamental Grasses and Perennials" with Mark Swart. The afternoon keynote: All Thumbs or Green Thumbs "Selecting and Growing Peonies in Your Garden" with Harvey Buchite.
Breakout topics include: "Shrubs and Trees for the Four Seasons," Bruce Odeen; "New and Exciting Perennials for Zone Four," Mark Swart; "Hostas 101," Cindy Tomashek; "Cooking with Fresh Herbs," Linda Lind; "Get the Dirt on Organic Gardening," Brenda Pohlman; "Square Foot Vegetable Gardening," Mary Thompson; "Bringing Migrating Birds to Your Backyard," Stephanie Fry & Karen Perry; "Hostas: Tried and True to Wow That's New," Cindy Tomashek; and "Daylily 101," Allan Weinand.
For a complete description of topics and speakers and to receive the brochure contact the Caledonia Area Community Education, 507-725-5139, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or the "Growing Green Gardening Workshop Planning Committee" of Brenda Pohlman, Nancy Runningen, Mary Thompson, and Mary Zaffke.