"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
Wed, Mar 2nd, 2011
Posted in Business Announcements
Posted in Business Announcements
MANKATO, MINN. (March 1, 2011) - Former Speaker of the Minnesota House of Representatives and Commissioner of the Department of Labor and Industry, Steve Sviggum has been appointed to the Board of Directors of AgStar Financial Services. He was appointed by the current Board to fill one of the outside director positions for a 1-year term.
Sviggum brings significant farming, policy and civic engagement experience to AgStar. Sviggum received the "Excellence in State Legislative Leadership Award" from the National Conference of State Legislatures in 2008 as recognition for his 28 years of service in the Minnesota House of Representatives, 8 of which were as Speaker of the House. He spent four more years in service to the state in the executive branch. Most recently, Sviggum was elected by the Joint House and Senate to the University of Minnesota's Board of Regents.
In addition to his elected and civic leadership, Sviggum is a life-long farmer who owns and operates a 1,400 acre farm in Kenyon, Minnesota with his two brothers. "Steve's background as a family farmer, policymaker and civic leader is a tremendous asset to AgStar and our mission," said Lowell Schafer, Chair, AgStar Financial Services Board of Directors. "AgStar is a community-based organization focused on creating more and better opportunities for farmers and rural communities and we know Steve will offer good ideas in helping us achieve that vision."
Sviggum has strong Minnesota roots. He is a graduate of St. Olaf College where he earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics. Before working with the government, he was a high school math teacher and coach. Sviggum and his wife, a teacher in Cannon Falls, live in Kenyon.
"In all aspects of my life and career, I have always been passionate about supporting agriculture and rural communities," said Steve Sviggum. "I'm pleased to join an organization like AgStar that shares my commitment to not only supporting the practice of farming but in finding ways to navigate the new demands of the agriculture industry and in helping rural communities thrive."
"As a board, we knew that Steve's experience and interest was a great fit for AgStar and how we plan to move the organization forward in the coming years," added Schafer.
AgStar Financial Services, ACA, headquartered in Mankato, Minn., employs 600 full-time team members. The company is part of the national Farm Credit System and has a public mission to serve 69 counties in Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. AgStar's industry specialization, client segments and market delivery systems result in diversification nationwide. The company has expertise in the corn, soybean, swine, dairy and bio-energy industries. AgStar has developed successful programs in loans, leases, crop insurance, tax services, accounting, consulting and rural home mortgages. As a value-added financial services cooperative, AgStar allocates patronage dividends to its 13,000 stockholders. Visitwww.AgStar.com for more information.