"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Wed, Mar 2nd, 2011
Posted in Business Announcements
Posted in Business Announcements
MANKATO, MINN. (March 1, 2011) - Former Speaker of the Minnesota House of Representatives and Commissioner of the Department of Labor and Industry, Steve Sviggum has been appointed to the Board of Directors of AgStar Financial Services. He was appointed by the current Board to fill one of the outside director positions for a 1-year term.
Sviggum brings significant farming, policy and civic engagement experience to AgStar. Sviggum received the "Excellence in State Legislative Leadership Award" from the National Conference of State Legislatures in 2008 as recognition for his 28 years of service in the Minnesota House of Representatives, 8 of which were as Speaker of the House. He spent four more years in service to the state in the executive branch. Most recently, Sviggum was elected by the Joint House and Senate to the University of Minnesota's Board of Regents.
In addition to his elected and civic leadership, Sviggum is a life-long farmer who owns and operates a 1,400 acre farm in Kenyon, Minnesota with his two brothers. "Steve's background as a family farmer, policymaker and civic leader is a tremendous asset to AgStar and our mission," said Lowell Schafer, Chair, AgStar Financial Services Board of Directors. "AgStar is a community-based organization focused on creating more and better opportunities for farmers and rural communities and we know Steve will offer good ideas in helping us achieve that vision."
Sviggum has strong Minnesota roots. He is a graduate of St. Olaf College where he earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics. Before working with the government, he was a high school math teacher and coach. Sviggum and his wife, a teacher in Cannon Falls, live in Kenyon.
"In all aspects of my life and career, I have always been passionate about supporting agriculture and rural communities," said Steve Sviggum. "I'm pleased to join an organization like AgStar that shares my commitment to not only supporting the practice of farming but in finding ways to navigate the new demands of the agriculture industry and in helping rural communities thrive."
"As a board, we knew that Steve's experience and interest was a great fit for AgStar and how we plan to move the organization forward in the coming years," added Schafer.
AgStar Financial Services, ACA, headquartered in Mankato, Minn., employs 600 full-time team members. The company is part of the national Farm Credit System and has a public mission to serve 69 counties in Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. AgStar's industry specialization, client segments and market delivery systems result in diversification nationwide. The company has expertise in the corn, soybean, swine, dairy and bio-energy industries. AgStar has developed successful programs in loans, leases, crop insurance, tax services, accounting, consulting and rural home mortgages. As a value-added financial services cooperative, AgStar allocates patronage dividends to its 13,000 stockholders. Visitwww.AgStar.com for more information.