"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 13th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
This is our invitation for us cousins that I talked about last week, up to my sister Dolly's in Goodhue.
Chocolate is a vegetable!
Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Beans = vegetables. Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar beets. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category thus, chocolate is a vegetable.
Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want. If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.
The problem: How to get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car.
The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.
Diet Tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less chocolate.
Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives keep you looking younger.
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done .
A nice box of chocolate can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now isn't that handy?
If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose, an entire garment industry would be devastated. You can't let that happen, can you?
Remember! Stressed spelled backward is desserts.
Today I may have a little chocolate after all it is Sept. 16 and it's my birthday. Doesn't time fly, guess I'm another day older again.
. . . . .
An elderly man finally decided to get a hearing aid. Some time later, he stopped at the store where he'd bought it. The beaming manager greeted him and said, "your relatives must be happy that your hearing is so much better".
"Oh, I ain't told 'em that yet." the old timer chuckled. "I've just been sitting around the house listening, you know, I've heard enough to change my will twice already."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ole says: Never marry for money, you can borrow it cheaper.
. . . . .
People cannot change the truth, but the truth can change people.
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Happiness isn't found in searching for it, it comes quietly while we are helping others.
Temperament is what you are born with. Character is what you make of it.
You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
Your life is in the hands of any fool who can make you lose your temper.
. . . . .
Look beyond the night of sorrow,
There will come a blessed day;
There will be a glad tomorrow
When the night has passed away.
~Until next week, Annabelle
Fluffy Mint Dessert
1 pkg. (1 lb. cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (40 cookies) crushed
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cartons (12-oz. each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
1 1/3 cups small pastel mints ( 5 1/2 ozs.)
Reserve 1/4 cup of crushed cookies for garnish. Combine the remaining cookies with butter, press into an ungreased 13 x 9 pan. Fold together whipped topping, marshmallows and mints. Pour over crust. Garnish with reserved crushed cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days before serving.