"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Brown Sr., 84, of Mabel, died Oct. 8, 2002 in Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. He was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Amherst Township, Fillmore County, and attended country schools before going to the Newburg School.
In 1941 he married Sarah Duff. They later divorced. He later married twice and was widowed on both occasions. He lived in the Newburg and Big Woods area his entire life. He worked as a laborer for several area farmers. He moved into Newburg in 1988 and had lived there since. He enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Surviving are three daughters, Joyce (Chuck) Leutink of Wykoff, Judy (Keith BadWound) Smith of Canton, and Sharon (Jerry) Kinnear of Wykoff; three sons, Jerry (Barbara) of Harmony, Jim (Karen) of Canton, and Lyle Jr. (Darlene) of Spencer, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and longtime special friend Janet Hovland of Mabel. He was preceded in death by two grandsons and one great-grandson. Services for Lyle Brown Sr. were Oct. 11, 2002 in Newburg United Methodist Church in Newburg, with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.