"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Brown Sr., 84, of Mabel, died Oct. 8, 2002 in Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. He was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Amherst Township, Fillmore County, and attended country schools before going to the Newburg School.
In 1941 he married Sarah Duff. They later divorced. He later married twice and was widowed on both occasions. He lived in the Newburg and Big Woods area his entire life. He worked as a laborer for several area farmers. He moved into Newburg in 1988 and had lived there since. He enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Surviving are three daughters, Joyce (Chuck) Leutink of Wykoff, Judy (Keith BadWound) Smith of Canton, and Sharon (Jerry) Kinnear of Wykoff; three sons, Jerry (Barbara) of Harmony, Jim (Karen) of Canton, and Lyle Jr. (Darlene) of Spencer, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and longtime special friend Janet Hovland of Mabel. He was preceded in death by two grandsons and one great-grandson. Services for Lyle Brown Sr. were Oct. 11, 2002 in Newburg United Methodist Church in Newburg, with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.