"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Brown Sr., 84, of Mabel, died Oct. 8, 2002 in Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. He was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Amherst Township, Fillmore County, and attended country schools before going to the Newburg School.
In 1941 he married Sarah Duff. They later divorced. He later married twice and was widowed on both occasions. He lived in the Newburg and Big Woods area his entire life. He worked as a laborer for several area farmers. He moved into Newburg in 1988 and had lived there since. He enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Surviving are three daughters, Joyce (Chuck) Leutink of Wykoff, Judy (Keith BadWound) Smith of Canton, and Sharon (Jerry) Kinnear of Wykoff; three sons, Jerry (Barbara) of Harmony, Jim (Karen) of Canton, and Lyle Jr. (Darlene) of Spencer, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and longtime special friend Janet Hovland of Mabel. He was preceded in death by two grandsons and one great-grandson. Services for Lyle Brown Sr. were Oct. 11, 2002 in Newburg United Methodist Church in Newburg, with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.