"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Brown Sr., 84, of Mabel, died Oct. 8, 2002 in Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. He was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Amherst Township, Fillmore County, and attended country schools before going to the Newburg School.
In 1941 he married Sarah Duff. They later divorced. He later married twice and was widowed on both occasions. He lived in the Newburg and Big Woods area his entire life. He worked as a laborer for several area farmers. He moved into Newburg in 1988 and had lived there since. He enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Surviving are three daughters, Joyce (Chuck) Leutink of Wykoff, Judy (Keith BadWound) Smith of Canton, and Sharon (Jerry) Kinnear of Wykoff; three sons, Jerry (Barbara) of Harmony, Jim (Karen) of Canton, and Lyle Jr. (Darlene) of Spencer, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and longtime special friend Janet Hovland of Mabel. He was preceded in death by two grandsons and one great-grandson. Services for Lyle Brown Sr. were Oct. 11, 2002 in Newburg United Methodist Church in Newburg, with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.