"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Brown Sr., 84, of Mabel, died Oct. 8, 2002 in Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. He was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Amherst Township, Fillmore County, and attended country schools before going to the Newburg School.
In 1941 he married Sarah Duff. They later divorced. He later married twice and was widowed on both occasions. He lived in the Newburg and Big Woods area his entire life. He worked as a laborer for several area farmers. He moved into Newburg in 1988 and had lived there since. He enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Surviving are three daughters, Joyce (Chuck) Leutink of Wykoff, Judy (Keith BadWound) Smith of Canton, and Sharon (Jerry) Kinnear of Wykoff; three sons, Jerry (Barbara) of Harmony, Jim (Karen) of Canton, and Lyle Jr. (Darlene) of Spencer, Tenn.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and longtime special friend Janet Hovland of Mabel. He was preceded in death by two grandsons and one great-grandson. Services for Lyle Brown Sr. were Oct. 11, 2002 in Newburg United Methodist Church in Newburg, with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.