"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth (Liz) Jane Holien, 66, formerly of Preston, died Oct. 1, 2002 in Minneota, Minn.
Liz was born June 28, 1936 to George and Bessie (Perry) Burns in Preston, where she grew up. She was united in marriage to Hiller Holien March 20, 1955 in Whalan, Minn. She traveled extensively with Hillerís work until they settled in Minneota in 1964. Hiller started Minneota Well Drilling where Liz helped with the business until 1997. Liz was a devoted wife and mother and she loved the simple pleasures of life: time with her family and friends, being at the lake, fishing and enjoying nature. The kindness and compassion she shared will be remembered by all who knew her. She is survived by her husband Hiller, and four children: Kristi (Jim) Fredricks of Alexandria, Scott Holien of Minneota, Julie (John) Kuchinka of North Mankato and Marni (Brian) Van Keulen of Little Chute, Wis. She is also survived by seven grandchildren and two sisters: Betty (Ken) Niemeyer of Wykoff and Ruth (Art) Callanan of Preston. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers. The funeral service has held Oct. 5, 2002 at St. Paulís Lutheran Church in Minneota, Minn. with Rev. Steve Rasmusson and Rev. Jeff Cooper officiating. Interment was at the St. Paulís Lutheran Cemetery, Minneota, Minn.