"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth (Liz) Jane Holien, 66, formerly of Preston, died Oct. 1, 2002 in Minneota, Minn.
Liz was born June 28, 1936 to George and Bessie (Perry) Burns in Preston, where she grew up. She was united in marriage to Hiller Holien March 20, 1955 in Whalan, Minn. She traveled extensively with Hillerís work until they settled in Minneota in 1964. Hiller started Minneota Well Drilling where Liz helped with the business until 1997. Liz was a devoted wife and mother and she loved the simple pleasures of life: time with her family and friends, being at the lake, fishing and enjoying nature. The kindness and compassion she shared will be remembered by all who knew her. She is survived by her husband Hiller, and four children: Kristi (Jim) Fredricks of Alexandria, Scott Holien of Minneota, Julie (John) Kuchinka of North Mankato and Marni (Brian) Van Keulen of Little Chute, Wis. She is also survived by seven grandchildren and two sisters: Betty (Ken) Niemeyer of Wykoff and Ruth (Art) Callanan of Preston. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers. The funeral service has held Oct. 5, 2002 at St. Paulís Lutheran Church in Minneota, Minn. with Rev. Steve Rasmusson and Rev. Jeff Cooper officiating. Interment was at the St. Paulís Lutheran Cemetery, Minneota, Minn.