"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth (Liz) Jane Holien, 66, formerly of Preston, died Oct. 1, 2002 in Minneota, Minn.
Liz was born June 28, 1936 to George and Bessie (Perry) Burns in Preston, where she grew up. She was united in marriage to Hiller Holien March 20, 1955 in Whalan, Minn. She traveled extensively with Hiller’s work until they settled in Minneota in 1964. Hiller started Minneota Well Drilling where Liz helped with the business until 1997. Liz was a devoted wife and mother and she loved the simple pleasures of life: time with her family and friends, being at the lake, fishing and enjoying nature. The kindness and compassion she shared will be remembered by all who knew her. She is survived by her husband Hiller, and four children: Kristi (Jim) Fredricks of Alexandria, Scott Holien of Minneota, Julie (John) Kuchinka of North Mankato and Marni (Brian) Van Keulen of Little Chute, Wis. She is also survived by seven grandchildren and two sisters: Betty (Ken) Niemeyer of Wykoff and Ruth (Art) Callanan of Preston. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers. The funeral service has held Oct. 5, 2002 at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Minneota, Minn. with Rev. Steve Rasmusson and Rev. Jeff Cooper officiating. Interment was at the St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery, Minneota, Minn.