"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
- 8:35:39, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 8:34:20, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth (Liz) Jane Holien, 66, formerly of Preston, died Oct. 1, 2002 in Minneota, Minn.
Liz was born June 28, 1936 to George and Bessie (Perry) Burns in Preston, where she grew up. She was united in marriage to Hiller Holien March 20, 1955 in Whalan, Minn. She traveled extensively with Hillerís work until they settled in Minneota in 1964. Hiller started Minneota Well Drilling where Liz helped with the business until 1997. Liz was a devoted wife and mother and she loved the simple pleasures of life: time with her family and friends, being at the lake, fishing and enjoying nature. The kindness and compassion she shared will be remembered by all who knew her. She is survived by her husband Hiller, and four children: Kristi (Jim) Fredricks of Alexandria, Scott Holien of Minneota, Julie (John) Kuchinka of North Mankato and Marni (Brian) Van Keulen of Little Chute, Wis. She is also survived by seven grandchildren and two sisters: Betty (Ken) Niemeyer of Wykoff and Ruth (Art) Callanan of Preston. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers. The funeral service has held Oct. 5, 2002 at St. Paulís Lutheran Church in Minneota, Minn. with Rev. Steve Rasmusson and Rev. Jeff Cooper officiating. Interment was at the St. Paulís Lutheran Cemetery, Minneota, Minn.