"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
- 2:22:20, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, how do you come up with $1.1 billion that trout fishing bri ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth John Erding Sr, 82, of Wykoff, died Oct. 9, 2002 at Stewartville Care Center.
He was born Feb. 3, 1920 to John and Cecelia (Hart) Erding in Plainview Township, Wabasha County. He attended school in Winona, Plainview and Grand Meadow and graduated from Stewartville High School in 1938. After attending Dunwoody Business College in Minneapolis, he enlisted in the Navy in 1940. He served on a destroyer in the Pacific and after his discharge in 1946 joined his parents and brothers in operating Erding Grocery in Wykoff. On June 15, 1948, he married Mariette A. Johns in Winona. They lived in Wykoff until June of 2001, when they moved to Root River Estates in Stewartville. He served as postmaster at Wykoff from 1950 until retiring in 1980. He was an avid hunter and gardener, liked animals and played football and baseball. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kent (Arlene) and Jeff (Cindy), both of Wykoff, and Gregg (Lori) of Chatfield; a daughter, Sandy (Doug) Dose of Rochester; 16 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Anderson of Rochester and Vivian Carrol of Winona. He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother. A funeral Mass for Kenneth John Erding Sr. was Oct. 12, 2002 at St. Kilian Catholic Church in Wykoff. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated and burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.