"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth John Erding Sr, 82, of Wykoff, died Oct. 9, 2002 at Stewartville Care Center.
He was born Feb. 3, 1920 to John and Cecelia (Hart) Erding in Plainview Township, Wabasha County. He attended school in Winona, Plainview and Grand Meadow and graduated from Stewartville High School in 1938. After attending Dunwoody Business College in Minneapolis, he enlisted in the Navy in 1940. He served on a destroyer in the Pacific and after his discharge in 1946 joined his parents and brothers in operating Erding Grocery in Wykoff. On June 15, 1948, he married Mariette A. Johns in Winona. They lived in Wykoff until June of 2001, when they moved to Root River Estates in Stewartville. He served as postmaster at Wykoff from 1950 until retiring in 1980. He was an avid hunter and gardener, liked animals and played football and baseball. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kent (Arlene) and Jeff (Cindy), both of Wykoff, and Gregg (Lori) of Chatfield; a daughter, Sandy (Doug) Dose of Rochester; 16 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Anderson of Rochester and Vivian Carrol of Winona. He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother. A funeral Mass for Kenneth John Erding Sr. was Oct. 12, 2002 at St. Kilian Catholic Church in Wykoff. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated and burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.