"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth John Erding Sr, 82, of Wykoff, died Oct. 9, 2002 at Stewartville Care Center.
He was born Feb. 3, 1920 to John and Cecelia (Hart) Erding in Plainview Township, Wabasha County. He attended school in Winona, Plainview and Grand Meadow and graduated from Stewartville High School in 1938. After attending Dunwoody Business College in Minneapolis, he enlisted in the Navy in 1940. He served on a destroyer in the Pacific and after his discharge in 1946 joined his parents and brothers in operating Erding Grocery in Wykoff. On June 15, 1948, he married Mariette A. Johns in Winona. They lived in Wykoff until June of 2001, when they moved to Root River Estates in Stewartville. He served as postmaster at Wykoff from 1950 until retiring in 1980. He was an avid hunter and gardener, liked animals and played football and baseball. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kent (Arlene) and Jeff (Cindy), both of Wykoff, and Gregg (Lori) of Chatfield; a daughter, Sandy (Doug) Dose of Rochester; 16 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Anderson of Rochester and Vivian Carrol of Winona. He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother. A funeral Mass for Kenneth John Erding Sr. was Oct. 12, 2002 at St. Kilian Catholic Church in Wykoff. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated and burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.