"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth John Erding Sr, 82, of Wykoff, died Oct. 9, 2002 at Stewartville Care Center.
He was born Feb. 3, 1920 to John and Cecelia (Hart) Erding in Plainview Township, Wabasha County. He attended school in Winona, Plainview and Grand Meadow and graduated from Stewartville High School in 1938. After attending Dunwoody Business College in Minneapolis, he enlisted in the Navy in 1940. He served on a destroyer in the Pacific and after his discharge in 1946 joined his parents and brothers in operating Erding Grocery in Wykoff. On June 15, 1948, he married Mariette A. Johns in Winona. They lived in Wykoff until June of 2001, when they moved to Root River Estates in Stewartville. He served as postmaster at Wykoff from 1950 until retiring in 1980. He was an avid hunter and gardener, liked animals and played football and baseball. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kent (Arlene) and Jeff (Cindy), both of Wykoff, and Gregg (Lori) of Chatfield; a daughter, Sandy (Doug) Dose of Rochester; 16 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Anderson of Rochester and Vivian Carrol of Winona. He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother. A funeral Mass for Kenneth John Erding Sr. was Oct. 12, 2002 at St. Kilian Catholic Church in Wykoff. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated and burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.