"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, June 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:25:31, Jun 29th 2016 - Paul Little - Thanks for the input Derek. I was going to respond and but you said it ... [Read More]
- 12:04:41, Jun 29th 2016 - Derek Stevens - @Redhorse51: Seems to me you are the hypocrite, to berate someone on ... [Read More]
- 2:18:50, Jun 27th 2016 - PLEASE - PLEASE Kingsland district, take a look at what this commentary points and ou ... [Read More]
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Hovland, 79, of Rushford died October 2, 2002, at Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, Minn.
Helen Kathleen Colbenson was born on May 25, 1923, East of Rushford to Henry and Clara (Dahle) Colbenson. Helen was raised in the Rushford area and was a 1940 graduate of Rushford High School. She attended Winona Teachers College and taught at the Eitzen Elementary School in Eitzen, Minn. for one year. On May 25, 1943, she married Bertram Hovland in Rushford. She and Bert raised their children while living in Rushford. Helen then worked at Rush Products in Rushford for 24 years. She was a member of the Rushford Garden Club, National Arbor Society, and the American Legion Auxiliary in Rushford. Helens interests included gardening, caring for her lily ponds, feeding birds, and keeping up with her family history. Helen is survived by her husband Bert; eight sons: Gary Chip Hovland of Rushford, Bruce (Linda) Hovland of Rushford, Larry (Jenny) Hovland of Veneta Oregon, Keith (Cindy) Hovland of Valley City, ND, Joel (Teal) Hovland of Delnorte, Colo., Davis Hovland of Red Oak, Oregon, Scott (Diane) Hovland of Las Vegas, Nev., and Nathan (Janice) Hovland of Cambridge, Iowa; two daughters: Cathy (Dan) Volkman of Winona, Minn. and Heidi (Mike) Halvorson of Rushford; 20 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; and a cousin and close friend, Catherine Sorom of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and one daughter-in-law. The funeral service was held October 7, 2002, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. In accordance with Helens wishes following the funeral service her body will be cremated with burial of her cremated body in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.