"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Hovland, 79, of Rushford died October 2, 2002, at Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, Minn.
Helen Kathleen Colbenson was born on May 25, 1923, East of Rushford to Henry and Clara (Dahle) Colbenson. Helen was raised in the Rushford area and was a 1940 graduate of Rushford High School. She attended Winona Teachers College and taught at the Eitzen Elementary School in Eitzen, Minn. for one year. On May 25, 1943, she married Bertram Hovland in Rushford. She and Bert raised their children while living in Rushford. Helen then worked at Rush Products in Rushford for 24 years. She was a member of the Rushford Garden Club, National Arbor Society, and the American Legion Auxiliary in Rushford. Helens interests included gardening, caring for her lily ponds, feeding birds, and keeping up with her family history. Helen is survived by her husband Bert; eight sons: Gary Chip Hovland of Rushford, Bruce (Linda) Hovland of Rushford, Larry (Jenny) Hovland of Veneta Oregon, Keith (Cindy) Hovland of Valley City, ND, Joel (Teal) Hovland of Delnorte, Colo., Davis Hovland of Red Oak, Oregon, Scott (Diane) Hovland of Las Vegas, Nev., and Nathan (Janice) Hovland of Cambridge, Iowa; two daughters: Cathy (Dan) Volkman of Winona, Minn. and Heidi (Mike) Halvorson of Rushford; 20 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; and a cousin and close friend, Catherine Sorom of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and one daughter-in-law. The funeral service was held October 7, 2002, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. In accordance with Helens wishes following the funeral service her body will be cremated with burial of her cremated body in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.