"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Hovland, 79, of Rushford died October 2, 2002, at Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, Minn.
Helen Kathleen Colbenson was born on May 25, 1923, East of Rushford to Henry and Clara (Dahle) Colbenson. Helen was raised in the Rushford area and was a 1940 graduate of Rushford High School. She attended Winona Teachers College and taught at the Eitzen Elementary School in Eitzen, Minn. for one year. On May 25, 1943, she married Bertram Hovland in Rushford. She and Bert raised their children while living in Rushford. Helen then worked at Rush Products in Rushford for 24 years. She was a member of the Rushford Garden Club, National Arbor Society, and the American Legion Auxiliary in Rushford. Helens interests included gardening, caring for her lily ponds, feeding birds, and keeping up with her family history. Helen is survived by her husband Bert; eight sons: Gary Chip Hovland of Rushford, Bruce (Linda) Hovland of Rushford, Larry (Jenny) Hovland of Veneta Oregon, Keith (Cindy) Hovland of Valley City, ND, Joel (Teal) Hovland of Delnorte, Colo., Davis Hovland of Red Oak, Oregon, Scott (Diane) Hovland of Las Vegas, Nev., and Nathan (Janice) Hovland of Cambridge, Iowa; two daughters: Cathy (Dan) Volkman of Winona, Minn. and Heidi (Mike) Halvorson of Rushford; 20 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; and a cousin and close friend, Catherine Sorom of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and one daughter-in-law. The funeral service was held October 7, 2002, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. In accordance with Helens wishes following the funeral service her body will be cremated with burial of her cremated body in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.