"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 13th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - email@example.com - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Hovland, 79, of Rushford died October 2, 2002, at Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, Minn.
Helen Kathleen Colbenson was born on May 25, 1923, East of Rushford to Henry and Clara (Dahle) Colbenson. Helen was raised in the Rushford area and was a 1940 graduate of Rushford High School. She attended Winona Teachers College and taught at the Eitzen Elementary School in Eitzen, Minn. for one year. On May 25, 1943, she married Bertram Hovland in Rushford. She and Bert raised their children while living in Rushford. Helen then worked at Rush Products in Rushford for 24 years. She was a member of the Rushford Garden Club, National Arbor Society, and the American Legion Auxiliary in Rushford. Helens interests included gardening, caring for her lily ponds, feeding birds, and keeping up with her family history. Helen is survived by her husband Bert; eight sons: Gary Chip Hovland of Rushford, Bruce (Linda) Hovland of Rushford, Larry (Jenny) Hovland of Veneta Oregon, Keith (Cindy) Hovland of Valley City, ND, Joel (Teal) Hovland of Delnorte, Colo., Davis Hovland of Red Oak, Oregon, Scott (Diane) Hovland of Las Vegas, Nev., and Nathan (Janice) Hovland of Cambridge, Iowa; two daughters: Cathy (Dan) Volkman of Winona, Minn. and Heidi (Mike) Halvorson of Rushford; 20 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; and a cousin and close friend, Catherine Sorom of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and one daughter-in-law. The funeral service was held October 7, 2002, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. In accordance with Helens wishes following the funeral service her body will be cremated with burial of her cremated body in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.