"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Hovland, 79, of Rushford died October 2, 2002, at Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, Minn.
Helen Kathleen Colbenson was born on May 25, 1923, East of Rushford to Henry and Clara (Dahle) Colbenson. Helen was raised in the Rushford area and was a 1940 graduate of Rushford High School. She attended Winona Teachers College and taught at the Eitzen Elementary School in Eitzen, Minn. for one year. On May 25, 1943, she married Bertram Hovland in Rushford. She and Bert raised their children while living in Rushford. Helen then worked at Rush Products in Rushford for 24 years. She was a member of the Rushford Garden Club, National Arbor Society, and the American Legion Auxiliary in Rushford. Helens interests included gardening, caring for her lily ponds, feeding birds, and keeping up with her family history. Helen is survived by her husband Bert; eight sons: Gary Chip Hovland of Rushford, Bruce (Linda) Hovland of Rushford, Larry (Jenny) Hovland of Veneta Oregon, Keith (Cindy) Hovland of Valley City, ND, Joel (Teal) Hovland of Delnorte, Colo., Davis Hovland of Red Oak, Oregon, Scott (Diane) Hovland of Las Vegas, Nev., and Nathan (Janice) Hovland of Cambridge, Iowa; two daughters: Cathy (Dan) Volkman of Winona, Minn. and Heidi (Mike) Halvorson of Rushford; 20 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; and a cousin and close friend, Catherine Sorom of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and one daughter-in-law. The funeral service was held October 7, 2002, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. In accordance with Helens wishes following the funeral service her body will be cremated with burial of her cremated body in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.