"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 25th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Madeline M. Johnson, 88, of Westmont, Ill., passed away on Sept. 10, 2002 in her home.
Madeline M. Weiss was born June 30, 1914, to John and Amanda Weiss of Harmony, Minn. She graduated from Harmony High School in 1932. Madeline and Virgil W. Johnson were married. After farming and working in the Harmony area for a short time, they moved to Westmont in 1947. Madeline was manager of the Burney Bros. Bakery in Downers Grove, Ill. until she retired. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Westmont and a former member of Prairie States Leather Guild. Her hobbies included flowers, gardening, and crafts. Madeline is survived by her husband, Virgil, of 67 years; one daughter, Virginia Leifheit, Downers Grove, Ill.; two sons, Michael of Westmont, Ill. and Virgil Jr. (Mary) of Milwaukee, Wis.; one sister, Leona Berg; a sister-in-law, Arlone (Earl) Hilke of Harmony, Minn.; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by one sister, Juliet Pignari and one brother, William John Weiss. Services were held at the Toon Funeral Home, Westmont. Interment was in the Clarendon Hills Cemetery, Darien, Ill.