"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Madeline M. Johnson, 88, of Westmont, Ill., passed away on Sept. 10, 2002 in her home.
Madeline M. Weiss was born June 30, 1914, to John and Amanda Weiss of Harmony, Minn. She graduated from Harmony High School in 1932. Madeline and Virgil W. Johnson were married. After farming and working in the Harmony area for a short time, they moved to Westmont in 1947. Madeline was manager of the Burney Bros. Bakery in Downers Grove, Ill. until she retired. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Westmont and a former member of Prairie States Leather Guild. Her hobbies included flowers, gardening, and crafts. Madeline is survived by her husband, Virgil, of 67 years; one daughter, Virginia Leifheit, Downers Grove, Ill.; two sons, Michael of Westmont, Ill. and Virgil Jr. (Mary) of Milwaukee, Wis.; one sister, Leona Berg; a sister-in-law, Arlone (Earl) Hilke of Harmony, Minn.; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by one sister, Juliet Pignari and one brother, William John Weiss. Services were held at the Toon Funeral Home, Westmont. Interment was in the Clarendon Hills Cemetery, Darien, Ill.