"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
- 2:32:54, Sep 20th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - at the group here- God gave us a brain, intelligence, communication, ... [Read More]
- 11:05:14, Sep 20th 2016 - DRousse - It's not FLUSHABLE wipes that cause the problem; they are too weak. It is ... [Read More]
- 4:49:27, Sep 19th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - Thank you for your comment and feedback, On-Point. ... [Read More]
- 4:24:53, Sep 18th 2016 - Disappointed - You only post certain people's posts! ... [Read More]
- 11:38:18, Sep 16th 2016 - millerml - These days when you go to a reunion nobody cares about what you look, the ... [Read More]
- 7:51:04, Sep 15th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Roy! Can't be said that you don't stick t ... [Read More]
- 5:40:26, Sep 15th 2016 - Livin' the dream - Oh no, mary-wonnie! It's the assassin of yout'. ... [Read More]
- 10:26:43, Sep 14th 2016 - On-Point - Precisely how I feel. Differing lifestyles, views, religions, etc. are wh ... [Read More]
- 10:13:20, Sep 14th 2016 - wrong - There is so much wrong with this letter, I don't even know where to begin. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Madeline M. Johnson, 88, of Westmont, Ill., passed away on Sept. 10, 2002 in her home.
Madeline M. Weiss was born June 30, 1914, to John and Amanda Weiss of Harmony, Minn. She graduated from Harmony High School in 1932. Madeline and Virgil W. Johnson were married. After farming and working in the Harmony area for a short time, they moved to Westmont in 1947. Madeline was manager of the Burney Bros. Bakery in Downers Grove, Ill. until she retired. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Westmont and a former member of Prairie States Leather Guild. Her hobbies included flowers, gardening, and crafts. Madeline is survived by her husband, Virgil, of 67 years; one daughter, Virginia Leifheit, Downers Grove, Ill.; two sons, Michael of Westmont, Ill. and Virgil Jr. (Mary) of Milwaukee, Wis.; one sister, Leona Berg; a sister-in-law, Arlone (Earl) Hilke of Harmony, Minn.; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by one sister, Juliet Pignari and one brother, William John Weiss. Services were held at the Toon Funeral Home, Westmont. Interment was in the Clarendon Hills Cemetery, Darien, Ill.