"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Madeline M. Johnson, 88, of Westmont, Ill., passed away on Sept. 10, 2002 in her home.
Madeline M. Weiss was born June 30, 1914, to John and Amanda Weiss of Harmony, Minn. She graduated from Harmony High School in 1932. Madeline and Virgil W. Johnson were married. After farming and working in the Harmony area for a short time, they moved to Westmont in 1947. Madeline was manager of the Burney Bros. Bakery in Downers Grove, Ill. until she retired. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Westmont and a former member of Prairie States Leather Guild. Her hobbies included flowers, gardening, and crafts. Madeline is survived by her husband, Virgil, of 67 years; one daughter, Virginia Leifheit, Downers Grove, Ill.; two sons, Michael of Westmont, Ill. and Virgil Jr. (Mary) of Milwaukee, Wis.; one sister, Leona Berg; a sister-in-law, Arlone (Earl) Hilke of Harmony, Minn.; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by one sister, Juliet Pignari and one brother, William John Weiss. Services were held at the Toon Funeral Home, Westmont. Interment was in the Clarendon Hills Cemetery, Darien, Ill.