"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:02:04, Sep 4th 2015 - sack attack - LOL ... [Read More]
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 4th, 2002
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Speak Up!-- was the message from Commissioner Helen Bicknese to Chairman Duane Bakke at the Commissioners’ meeting on Tuesday.
Those present at last week’s meeting, heard only Commissioner Marc Prestby vote in opposition to the TIF extension for Rushford, resulting in an apparent 4-1 vote. However, the minutes of that meeting tell a different story. Upon reviewing those minutes, Commissioner Bicknese noticed a final 3-2 vote was recorded in favor of the extension. The mysterious second opposing vote belonged to Chairman Duane Bakke. Mr. Bakke explained that after the vote, he simply leaned over and whispered to Karen Brown the County Coordinator, “You got that as a 3-2 vote, right? I was a 'No',” said Mr. Bakke. Commissioner Bicknese challenged the quiet vote from Chairman Bakke and suggested that all future votes should be clearly heard by the entire group.